Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, December 8, 2014

Happy Purisima...

Merry Christmas! Almost. If you ever talk to a missionary, they'll always tell you that you'll have 3 constant companions; your actual companion, the Holy Ghost, and tiredness. And boy did I have my fair share of the third one this week. I can honestly say that this week I was as tired as I have ever been in my entire life. Every night, absolutely beat. And because of that, we're writing pretty early, then we're just gonna go sleep for the rest of the day. Super fun! I don't know, I guess that shows that we're workin hard right? :)

This last week.... hmm it was another really good week! What did we do this week???? Oh yeah, had a baptism! How cool is that? Hahaha. Elias' daughter, Maryeli got baptized this last Saturday, really fun! In all honesty, it is truly a miracle that these two were able to take this step and get baptized, I am so happy for them! I will send a picture next week because I don't have my camera!

Last night, December 7th, was the Purisima (can't remember what it'd be called in English). But it's basically a mix of Halloween, Christmas and 4th of July down here. A bunch of people set up shrines of the virgin Mary (I've told you guys that there's a bunch of Catholics here right?), and everyone goes and sings in front of her. When the kids sing, they get candy. And everyone was playing with fireworks and bombs and stuff. Super super super weird. There is some real corruption in this world. Hahahaha most the people here don't even know that they shouldn't be singing to an idol, they just do it for tradition! That is a big word here in Nicaragua... tradition. Super funny. So last night was the Christmas devotional for the church (good planning). If this doesn't show how strict and focused President Russell is, we had to take 4 investigators to be able to go to the devotional. Unfortunately we couldn't get 4, but we did get a family to go, so hopefully that will turn into something good! 

Other than that... not a whole lot of info for this week. Just a lot of fun and some really hard work! I'm really beginning to completely consecrate myself into this work. I know it, I live it, I love it! And now I just hope others can come to that knowledge as well! Love you all!

Elder Merrill
(P.S. I finish 1/4 of my mission this week... wow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment