Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Still an American!

Wow. I can't believe that another 4th of July has passed.... at least this year was easier than last year's 4th of July... a little bit more busy :) but even with the weird things happening in the States, I am so grateful and proud to be an American. You guys have no idea. I love Nicaragua with all of my heart. But there is nothing quite like America! Where at least I know I'm free!

This week wasn't quite as exciting as the last... but it was definitely rewarding! It all started tuesday as I went down to beautiful, hot as crap Rivas to work with the companionships down there a little bit! That was super awesome but so unbelievably hot. I also got to give a baptism interview to a guy that I started teaching back in March. He was the typical "golden investigator" but had left Rivas because of work (my life in a nutshell down in Rivas). But he came back a couple weeks ago and was ready to get baptized! I interviewed him, and he wanted me to baptize him! So Friday we went on down and I baptized him on Saturday! That was really cool. He was crying when he came out of the water, even though he wanted to hide it :) and I wasn't there, but on Sunday after being confirmed, he got up and bore his testimony! Fruits of the work right there!


Another thing that happened on Tuesday, it that the owner of our house kicked us out and gave us five days to find a new house. So we basically spent all of Wednesday and Thursday looking for houses, kind of boring and a waste of time. Friday as I said we went back down to Rivas to work with all the people that are going to get baptized this month. There are some awesome people in this world! And Saturday I baptized Edy!

This 4th of July could have been one of the best, and this is why. That kid I told you guys about last week? Named Angel? He was supposed to get baptized on Saturday. And he got baptized without any problems! It was so freaking cool. I don't know how I was lucky enough to have been able to teach this guy and find him, but somehow, the Lord blessed us and he was able to make one of the best decisions of his entire life. I will send pictures next week sorry :) But that was super awesome!

Well another dumb email... but this was a great week and I am so grateful to be here in the best mission in the world! And to be an American and to be a Mormon! Love you all!

Elder Merrill

P.S. Keep praying for one of my great friends, Taylor Gulbransen.... love you Tay.

P.P.S. I love Coach Occie Evans and President Packer.

No comments:

Post a Comment