Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014

Family and Friends,
    Another week down in the books. And this one was pretty good. First off thanks for all the updates, I love them! I'm excited for the football team to begin their journey this week. I think about how much I miss football every day (honestly) because it helped me prepare for so much and we made so many memories! Tell Austin good luck! 
     So early on last week... I think I was finally struggling. I get so frustrated with myself at times and I was really struggling with that, but it turned around! And this week was freaking awesome.
  
     Saturday we had two baptisms with Cesar and Fabiola! To be honest I didn't think it'd be all that special. The people down here are very noncommittal and sometimes big liars so I knew it would be a great experience but I wasn't entirely sure how much it meant to them. Then afterwards they both shared their testimonies, and I learned something. All the sweating (which is a heck of a lot), heat, pain, being laughed at for having bad Spanish and being American, and every thing that goes with it are worth it. Fabiola, who is twelve, said how she knew this is the true church and that she made the correct decision, and Cesar bore such a strong testimony about how he knows without a doubt in his mind that the Book of Mormon is a true, inspired book and that this is the right decision. I felt the spirit so strong (like crying strong) and it really does make everything worth it. Alma 29:9 has never been more evident in my life. And D&C 136 somewhere I'm not sure. But I want to have this feeling a lot. So I'm gonna work for it. Because that is what needs to happen! I'm so grateful for this Gospel and how it's already changed so many lives out here on my mission (including mine). This is the work of the Lord!
     Love you all, thank you so much for everything! Keep up the good work!

Love,
Elder Merrill
Cesar
Fabiola
Girls Rock!
I never thought I would see the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment