Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, August 10, 2015

Attitude and Effort

Hahahahahaha I completely forgot that last week was the beginning of a new transfer, so I didn´t say anything about that oops. So Elder Naisbitt and I had two changes together... and three would be very unlikely. So what happened? We have another change together!! And Elder Copeland is still in the Zone, even better. Hahahaha it is so awesome because we are having an awesome month right now in the Zone! Here is a little update on the week!

But first off... congrats to two of my really good friends Dain and Maddie for the wedding! And to all of my friends that have gotten home this summer.

Tuesday was the day we found out about changes, then we worked normally after that. My son Elder Rodriguez had changes, hopefully he will keep growing and learning!

Wednesday was changes.. which meant... the bus pickup, starting at 2:30 in the morning! These days are the absolute worst.... so long and stressful, but they are fun because we just listened to music the whole time in the bus. My new companion is... Elder Gomez from Guatemala! He was in my district down in Rivas, I will send you a pic of him next week... because we have a baptism this week! His name is Juan, and he is such an awesome guy. He has made some solid sacrifices to be in the position that he is in, and we are super happy for his decision to be baptized!

Thursday was a pretty normal day. Friday as well.

I have been thinking a lot lately about attitude, and about the importance that is has in everything that we do. As I have learned so much in my life, Attitude and Effort are the two things that we can control in this life. But they both go hand in hand. Without one, the other just isn´t the same. It´s like Faith and Works! I can have a great attitude about what I am doing... but if I don´t work, there is no purpose to it, because it doesn´t go anywhere. And I can work as hard as I possibly can, but if I have a crappy attitude about it, then I won´t get anything out of it. And I am not just talking about missionary work right now. We have the opportunity to keep the commandments and serve others. We have the opportunity to bless the lives of others around us. And at the same time, we have the opportunity to improve our own spirituality and become more Christlike. But it all depends on the attitude we have, and the effort that we put into it.

What else? Oh yeah, so we have an Apostle coming at the end of the month as I have said. The rumor is that it is going to be President Nelson, which would be awesome. But anyways, with this there is going to be a choir between the two missions, and I am in it hahaha. Don´t ask me why.. but the good ole days of high school choir are really coming in handy because I can kinda sing a bass part. We are singing Lead Kindly Light, in Spanish obviously, but it is a beautiful hymn. It should be awesome!

Well that´s it. I hope that this week we can all become a little better. 

Congrats to Dad on running an 8k and Ry on completing a year! I hit 14 months tomorrow! Love you all!

Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment