Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, August 24, 2015

Not much time, Sorry!

New beginnings! I still have troubles believing that we are already at this time of the year again. I feel like football season just started! Kinda embarrassing for the football team at LP, but they will be fine, they always are. And I can't believe that Annie is already in 9th grade, and that she made Military! Good luck this Friday Annie, don't fall and keep your chin up hahaha. Also congrats to my boy Jake LaSalle on golf at Utah State and Molli with another year of soccer.

This week wasn't too busy, and I am really short on time because I was in Managua practicing with the Choir all day and the power has been out basically the whole day! So this should be short, but next week will be a good one :) because tomorrow we have Leadership Council again (end of every month), and on SATURDAY WE GET TO LISTEN TO A GENERAL APOSTLE. And not just any old Apostle, THE Apostle. It's as if Peter were coming to speak to us. I am super excited for this. It is gonna be awesome. 

Also... this week happens to be one of the most important weeks in the history of Zona Jinotepe. We have the opportunity to break "The Curse". We probably won't be able to do it, but we'll see ;) hahahah be praying for the Zone this week, and I will let you know how it works out next week :)

Last week was pretty uneventful. I went down to Rivas to work with the missionaries down there for a couple days, that was fun. We had a few baptisms fall, and a bad day in church for the Zone, so that was not great. However, I am a firm believer that the harder it is here in this life (and especially in the mission), the better it will be in the next. And we can't be too selfish anyway. Trials always have and always will be for improvement and change.  So let's stop complaining and just become better every day :) 

Short and dumb sorry, but I am grateful for the mission and this opportunity to work and learn and grow! And to baptize! Love you all! Until next week!

Love,
Elder Merrill

No packages yet Mom. Hopefully soon!

We should probably take him to see the Redwoods!

No comments:

Post a Comment