Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, September 14, 2015

He requires Everything!

So, the third change with Elder Naisbitt has finally finished.... and it was definitely the fastest change of my whole mission. We are here in shock about how fast these 6 weeks went by! This week we have changes, and it is almost certain that one of us will, probably Elder Naisbitt. We are both ready to get out of this area, and it will be fun to have a new companion. To answer my Dad's question, I have been in this Zone since January. That is a long time. And this week also went by really fast, because there were so many weird things going on! Here is a lil update.
Translation: I love you
First off, classic BYU. Hahahahahah I am just glad I am not home and don't have to worry too much about it. And classic Utah State, "could have won". Oh well. Good luck to Bountiful this week against Woods Cross! Time to break the streak hahahaha.

Tuesday was a fun day working with my son Elder Lopez! Also can't believe how fast these three months have gone with my 6th son! He is a good kid, and we have worked hard, even though our area has not been great. We were able to find some new people and get some good work done. It was a good day! Except for the fact that Elder Naisbitt got really sick. He was out til Friday with some sickness!

Wednesday I went down to Rivas to work with Elder Copeland and some sisters! That was a lot of fun, but incredibly and way too hot. Elder Copeland and I ate Burger King for perhaps the last time together in Rivas, so that was sad but fun. We helped animate some people to get baptized as well!

Thursday and Friday were normal days, but Saturday was a fun one hahahaha. In the morning Elder Naisbitt and I went to do a baptism interview, and then on the way back we heard about a little problem that there was between a companionship of Sisters. So we spent basically the whole afternoon trying to clear that up. Lots of fun and we lost a lot of time in the area :) but it's all good, hopefully the situation gets better! Then we ended up finding a really cool family! The lady was really cool, she understood that because Christ gave all for us, we should give all for Him. This is a very good point. Lots of times we think about the sacrifice that Christ gave for us, as it should be the very center of our lives. And then we begin to think that Christ requires a lot. Which is not true. Christ does not require a lot, he requires EVERYTHING! He gave all for us, so why shouldn't we do the same for Him? Makes sense doesn't it??? And let us remember... that the commandments aren't that difficult to keep. 1 John 4:5 or 6 not sure which one it is. So let's give everything!

Today we had a Zone Activity to celebrate everything that we did in August! It was fun, playing some basketball and throwing a baseball around and eating pizza. I played one on one against Elder Copeland, and beat him again ;) forgot to take pictures of this hahahah sorry about that. But all is well. We are still working hard and doing what we can to help others come unto Christ! 

Love you all! Keep up the good work!

Elder Merrill

A lil shaving cream fun with Elder Naisbitt


No comments:

Post a Comment