Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Would you look at that!

It's about time! Hahahah congrats to the football team on the big W :)

Sooooo.... this last week was full of many great and glorious things. Changes! Elder Naisbitt naturally was the one that had changes, that was not a surprise. So one more change here in Jinotepe! One more change here to try and find people that are ready to be baptized :) at the same time, our other two companions had changes as well. So I was going to be left with one new ZL companion, and two others. We got to the Change Meeting, and we thought we knew who my new ZL companion was gonna be (Elder Copeland), but anything could have happened! President announced it and... my new ZL companion is...... ELDER COPELAND! 

Elder Merrill and Elder Copeland
Hahahahaha so here is the deal... Elder Copeland came to my area in April when we were in a foursome together. Then from May to September he was the District Leader and I was his Zone Leader. And now we are companions again. Seven and a half months talking every single day. Two General Conferences together. Hahahahahah we are excited! Now just hopefully we can baptize this change unlike the last one :) Which by the way.... we have two baptisms ready for this week! Please pray for Alejandra and Eyris :)

The work! I am in the greatest work in the entire world. It is the work of the Lord. We have been working really hard these last couple weeks, even harder than normal! And in these last few days, Elder Copeland and I were able to pull out like 3 for sure baptisms for the month of October! As you guys have probably seen, this is not a very successful area. I have had 4 baptisms in basically 5 months. However, in October we can do something special. Please pray for us. 


What else, what else....On Friday I went down to work in Rivas, that was a lot of fun! The new District Leader down there is Elder Scheffler, he is really good friends with Houston! He is a wicked hard worker and a super cool kid, so all is good there :)

Other than that... all is well down here! Oh yeah, my new companion that I will spend the majority of the time working with is Elder Velasquez. He is a decent teacher so hopefully we should be ok :) 
Elders Velasquez and Merrill in front of their house
Now... other than that, all is good! We are continuing to work hard! Love you all, keep up the good work! Go Jazz!

Love,
Elder Merrill

Fresh, homemade chocolate chip cookies...
from a package!


No comments:

Post a Comment