Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, October 19, 2015

Happy Anniversary!

Go Aggies! That was surprising, but lots of fun! I wish I could've been there hahahah. I would imagine that BYU-Utah State will be pretty fun in November or whenever they play. So this week was another really quick week. Don't I always say that? Hahahah I guess this mission is just going by way too fast! And once again, can't really remember what happened. We'll see if I can. I need to pay more attention to detail, because as you know, time goes by very fast. I don't want to lose it.

Monday night we had a little Noche de Hogar (FHE) in the chapel with some of our super awesome investigators! We watched The Testaments, and it was great! I actually wasn't there because I went to do a baptism interview, but it was still really cool I think. We have got some really pilas investigators. 

Tuesday I went down to Rivas! I am starting to get really sad, because my time in this Zone is almost up (maybe). This is the last week of the change, and next week there are changes! Easily the fastest change of my mission. But anyways, had the opportunity to go work with Elder Scheffler and get to know the possible baptisms for this month. Putting on the animation, puro smile :) hahahaha we got to know a lot of people and had a lot of success! I love working down there. I love the people down there. Keep in mind that I have been in this Zone for the entire year. I am no longer part of the Bountiful Central Stake. I am part of the Jinotepe Stake! And even though I want a new area, I kinda don't want this to end. Hey before I forget, I think today is the one year anniversary of me getting a massive rock chucked at my face. That's cool. Can't believe that it's already been a year since then. I also had a little poop accident that morning, just never told you guys hahahaha. Not because of getting jumped, just happened in the morning because I am in Nicaragua and that can happen at any moment!
One year ago today! Good times!!
Well I am just gonna talk about the most important part. My investigators! So we have two baptisms right now in the month, and we have the chance to baptize 4 this weekend. The record in this area for a month is 4 baptisms. But more importantly, they are awesome people, and they have been going through a lot of crap. Ana, Francis, Alfredo and Perla. Perla is golden. No problems there. She is super awesome. Alfredo is Ana's son, and Francis is the cousin of Ana. Ever since those 3 started going to church, they have been receiving a lot of persecution. Everyone hates the church here, don't know why hahahah. It's unreal. Francis has been really tough through it, because she has seen a bunch of miracles, Alfredo is 12 so he doesn't care, but Ana has been struggling a little. We have been working extremely hard, and praying super hard as well to get these people down, but it has been tough. And then today they called us and told us that they are getting kicked out of their house for doing what they are doing and for getting baptized. It was super tough to hear. Copeland and I went and visited them, and Francis said, "we are gonna go see if the government can give us just a little land so that we can build a house, even if it has to be made of plastic." In Spanish obviously, but super humble. That is all I ask of you. Please pray for these 4 amazing people. Ana, Alfredo, Francis and Perla.

Love you all so much. Keep up the good work!

Elder Merrill

Symbol on the Nicaraguan Flag

No comments:

Post a Comment