Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, October 12, 2015

Stress and Miracles!

These weeks go by so fast! A la grande! This week was the fastest of my mission. I'll tell ya'll why in a sec. And this has also been the fastest change that I have had in my mission here with Elder Copeland! Life is a lot more fun when you are baptizing! hahahah this week was really busy, so let's explain a little about it! First off mother, "animating" is going around pumping people up for their baptism, and in most cases convincing them. Because here, anything can happen in any given moment.

I'll get straight to the good stuff... we had two baptisms this last week! First one was with Fernanda on Wednesday. It was kind of a blessing, because she turned 9 on Tuesday.  Her mom is a member. She is super cool and super cute and it was a super fun baptism!


Thursday we had another Multi Zone Conference! Which for most missionaries means a super fun day learning and all that good stuff. However, for Zone Leaders that means lots of planning, teaching a workshop, stress and no sleep! So it was a pretty stressful week. We had to do the same pick-up route that I have been doing for 6 months, which meant waking up at 2 in the morning and not getting home til about 10 o'clock. It was a really long day. Elder Copeland and I taught a workshop about how to teach better. Which is weird... why would President assign a really bad teacher (me) to teach about how to become a better teacher? I just think he had a little mistake there ;) other than that the Multi Zone was great! President Russell spent about 2 hours talking about how to become consecrated missionaries, relating the 4th Missionary talk to our own mission! And he gave every missionary a copy of the 4th Missionary (thanks Cal)! It was a super long day but it turned out being pretty good.

Saturday we had another baptism! Andy... he is such a funny, cute kid. We reactivated his family and got him baptized. It was really cool! Saturday was super stressful though, full of baptisms falling and miracles then baptisms falling again all around the Zone. But it turned out to be a good weekend!

I just have one thing to ask of you all... pray for Ana, Alfredo, Francis and Perla. I will tell you why soon :) love you all so much! Go Aggies!

Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment