Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, December 14, 2015

18 months!

I can´t believe Garrett (Elder Naisbitt) is home! What the freak! That is something that I literally cannot believe. He was a great friend, and I am already missing him here. Because here we are still in Nicaragua! This last week was a crazy week because it was change week! I will let you all know how it went.
Elder Naisbitt's homecoming


On Monday night we had a little dinner with the Branch President and some members in the ward, that was a lot of fun! Being the Purisima where everyone sings to Mary, President Lazo made some stress on the fact that we don´t do that in this religion. There were a bunch of converts there! That was a lot of fun.

Tuesday we found out about changes! And those that had changes were... Elder Hanson and Elder Smith. Which meant that Elder Medrano and I were going to stay here in the area with two new companions. And they are.... Elder Bradbeer and Elder Lunt! Elder Bradbeer is a brand new Zone Leader, so I am grateful to be able to train a new one. Elder Lunt has about 5 months in the mission, and he is really cool. He is a lot like me, from Gilbert. Elder Bradbeer is from Napa, Idaho. There were a lot of changes made to the Zone. The Zone is now really young and inexperienced. I am about the only one with time in my assignment. Which brings lots of pressure but excites me because that usually means people want to work. I am excited to try and help them! 

Wednesday was change meeting. Said goodbye to Naisbitt and a few other great friends. That was hard. Then we headed on out to Juigalpa! I worked the whole day with Elder Lunt showing him the area and such, that was fun. 

Thursday I was back working with Elder Medrano. We worked hard trying to always find new investigators and help them realize the importance of the Restoration. I love the Restoration. Ever since that day I stepped foot in the Sacred Grove. It is something undeniable. People here have a tough time understanding the Restoration, because they have a real funnel knowledge and sometimes don´t want to learn more, but we work hard to help them see the blessings that come from it. And focusing on Christ and Christmas obviously!

Friday I went to Boaco with Elder Lunt to work with some sisters. It was rough. They need some help. But that´s why we have leaders right?! Which makes me grateful for the people that I have in my life that help me change and improve the things that must be changed. Hence why there are modern day prophets today. To help us!

Saturday was a normal work day, but it was really, really hot. Like bad news bears hot. 

Sunday we had a pretty good day in church, and had a couple converts show up, that was great! Because we are here to Baptize and Retain :) the Zone had a bad day. We have some things to change! The mission is hitting a wall right now, because the people get real frita here in December. I think we have already hit our goal of 2060, but President wants us to keep working, obviously! This week should be fun!

In our house we have 4 missionaries that like basketball, so this morning we got up and played some ball at 6 so we could get back for studies. It was fun! My whole entire body hurts right now, but I wasn´t too rusty :)

Love you all so much. Happy anniversary to my amazing parents tomorrow! Keep up the good work! Go Braves.

Elder Merrill
Elder Hanson, Merrill and Naisbitt's Moms

2 comments:

  1. So fun. Was it Elder Naisbitts homecoming on Sunday? If so I am sad to have missed it. All these boys seem to be great guys. Elder Copeland talks about them often. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. We actually looked for you, hoping to meet you. I think they will remain lifelong friends! Merry Christmas to your family as well!

      Delete