Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, January 25, 2016

A La

Wow. What a crazy week! Sorry we are writing a little late, it is because we just got back from our Multi Mission Conference with President Christensen from the Pres of the Seventy! But more on that later :)

So let´s go through the week real quick! Monday we worked hard, trying to get a few baptisms ready for Saturday! I knew that either Elder Medrano or I were going to have changes, so we tried to enjoy the final few days of working together. We worked really hard and had a lot of fun together. I really like Elder Medrano. 

Tuesday at about 2 they called us to let us know about changes! And... Elder Medrano and Elder Bradbeer were the two that had changes! Medrano was expected, but Bradbeer, my ZL comp, was a surprise. So Medrano and I went out to work! We visited John Edward, one of our baptism possibilities for the week. He is 14 and had been close to baptism but hadn´t felt sure nor had a lot of support from his parents. However, Medrano and I had made a really good connection with him. We had a really good, spiritual lesson with him. And he decided he was ready to be baptized Saturday! Straight miracle. Actually is was a really dope experience, but literally something that I cannot describe through an email, or at least with so little time, so maybe next week or maybe until June :) but you will wanna hear it! We also had Jose Alvarez. He is 72 years old, doesn´t understand a lot, but was really animated to change his life and ¨follow God.¨ We visited him every day and got him ready for Saturday. We also had Daisy, who is the wife of a recent convert, a family to complete. She kinda came out of nowhere, which was another miracle. Decided she wanted to be baptized this Saturday. Things were looking good!
John Edward and Jose Alvarez

Wednesday was the Change Meeting and the Worldwide Training Conference! I received my new ZL comp... Elder Kleiner! We had wanted to be companions, and he was actually AP for the last two changes, so I was super excited to get some help out here. He is a super funny kid, and we are working hard! The Training Conference was awesome! I am grateful for all the things I learned.... another thing for a week with more time :) 
Elders Merrill, Hunt and Kleiner



Thursday and Friday were good, getting our baptisms ready.
Saturday we had the three baptisms! Daisy, John Edward and Jose! They all went super well and the newest members loved it. Daisy barely got confirmed on Sunday, however. She really did not want to go so we had to motivate her a bunch, but it all turned out well! We had another good week in church, with 10 investigators. Pray for Gustavo this week, would be our 5th baptism of the month. He is dope! February is looking good too.
Jose

Daisy

Today we had another Multi Mission with President Christensen and Elder Alonso. 4th one in the last year! Who knows why... guess the work is progressing here in Nicaragua! Spirit was strong, can give more details next week :)

Out of time sorry, but hope you all had a good week! Keep working hard and praying and doing the best you can.

Love,
Elder Merrill


No comments:

Post a Comment