Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, January 11, 2016

when upon life's billows

Another quick week in the books! First off... happy birthday Dad! I remember last year at this date like it was a week ago. Can't believe another year has passed and you are now up to 39 years! Seriously though you have been such a great example and a great help through the entire mission. 51 and going strong!

This last week was fun, just can't remember exactly what we did! I have tried to take a little better perspective about the people that are here in Nicaragua. A lot of times we have challenges with investigators and we love them. But we love them more out of the service that we give them and a deep love for them. But we don't develop the love that the Lord wants from us, because a lot of times these people are very frustrating. A lot like Alma 31 :) hahaha but the other day I was praying and a thought came to my head. "These are my children, don't you dare say anything that I would not say about them." There are many times where we forget what the phrase "Child of God" really means. So I hope we can all take a different look on our fellow Hermanos y Hermanas, and then treat them as the Lord would!

On Thursday we had Mission Leadership Council. It was fun! President Russell talked a lot about how we can keep working even after this fantastic year of 2158 baptisms! We want to be even better this year. Our Zone is improving, and that is a good thing. Also gotta see some good friends so that was fun.
 
Elders Hanson, Merrill, Copeland and Hartley at MLC
 

Friday we had Zone Meeting, and it turned out really well! Elder Bradbeer and I shared the talk "What Lack I Yet?" by Elder Lawrence. That is a really good talk because it helps us to see our weaknesses and find the way to get better. That is a problem in this Zone, in this Mission and in this world. Pride. We don't like to look at our weaknesses because they hurt a lot. However, if we always have a desire to improve, then the Lord will bless us to become better and strengthen our weaknesses. And that is the important part about Repentance. Changing what we maybe don't want to change. We also talked a little about commitments. There is nothing more important than the commandments!

Other than that it was a good week! Elder Medrano and I did well at church again. Please pray for Jon Edward and Jose Alvarez. And some big time prayers for Johana! On Wednesday as a mission we go to San Juan del Sur! Actually we are going to Playa Gigante, but it is basically the same thing. Love you all so much, especially Dad right now. Happy Birthday! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment