Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, February 15, 2016

Trust in the Lord...

Last week I sent a long one right? Perfect, because not a lot happened this last week :) but it was still a lot of fun like always! Time to try and think of what happened.... last week was pretty normal! We just spent a lot of time working in our area. We have had a lot of baptisms recently, so we have been trying to find some new investigators!

On Wednesday, Elder Jimenez and I went to a part of the area that we hadn't really worked in a lot, and went contacting for a few hours. We hadn't really worked there because it is not known to be a productive part, but I have already contacted my whole area a couple times, so we decided to give it a shot. We found some really positive people! It is a residential area, so the people have a little more money. All the houses that we contacted were full of positive people. Especially Yusmara. We passed by her house and she was with her baby who seemed really inquieto, so our first thought was to keep going and come back later, but I guess something told us to just go and contact her! So we did it, and she was really positive. She accepted a fecha and we put a cita to go back when her husband was there. A couple days later we went back, and he was there. His name is Jose. He was wearing a shirt that looked real familiar to me and my companion, but he was really positive. Humble, willing to listen, learn and go to church. It is a family that wants to get closer to Christ. They already had a commitment for Sunday so they couldn't go to church, but they are committed for next week! We left, and about three blocks later, Elder Jimenez said, "I swear we have talked to them before." (in spanish obviously) We stopped and thought it through, and it was true. That is why we recognized the shirt! We had contacted that family a few weeks earlier in the street! They were positive and we had put a return cita, but actually didn't go back. Which makes me feel really bad. The Lord was gettin on us a little there. I feel like He will machete us later on for not going back, but I also feel like he couldn't let this family not receive the Gospel, so he led us to them again. Good lesson here. Trust in the Lord and the people He sticks in your path. We will see how they progress this week!

On Friday I went out to Boaco to do District Meeting, it was a good day! I interviewed Oscar, who was going to get baptized on the 20th, but after talking to him I felt like he was already ready, so we moved his date up to Saturday :) he got baptized! We also helped Larry get baptized last Saturday for the other companionship of Sisters in Boaco. He is the smartest investigator (was) I have ever met. He knew everything about the Gospel, just hadn't gotten baptized, but thank goodness that he decided to move to Boaco a few weeks ago. The weird thing about him is that he didn't want females to teach him, so I had to call him every day to verify how he was doing! Friday we talked to him, and everything went well Saturday!

Saturday we had two more baptisms! Hector and Jesi, two dope little kids. Their Mom Ana wants to get baptized too, but her pareja doesn't want to get married, so we are working with him! We hope to get her down this week. 

Sunday we didn't have a great day in church, but Elder Jimenez and I did bring two less-active families to church, so that was really cool. The rest of the night we just worked and ate some food!

This week we have interviews with President.... I have this one, then I think one more and then my final interview. So weird! We spent basically the whole morning cleaning the house, it was so dirty! Other than that, nothing! As far as I can remember.....

Love you all so much! I am so grateful for the people who show their love and their testimonies through their example! We can say all we want, but love always has and always will be an EXPRESSION. Never a saying. Love you all, and I love the Savior. I just hope that I can show my love through my service to Him and to God's children. Have a great week!

Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment