Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, March 7, 2016

Lame but Awesome!

This last week was pretty lame. Because of the change in MTC for local missionaries, this transfer was a 7 week transfer, instead of the normal 6 weeks. So this last week was kinda boring. Also, yesterday there was a Central American wide Stake Conference broadcast with Elder Anderson! So, there were not any baptisms either. A really lame week! Elder Kleiner and I took advantage to be able to work with some companionships and find some new people.

Tuesday was really hot, but Elder Jimenez and I worked hard nonetheless. And we found a super awesome family! Their names are Karla and Marvin. We had contacted Karla a few days earlier, but decided to go back when we could talk to her companion too. She had mentioned to us that Marvin worked all week and would always drink on the weekends. Something very common here. But only drinking on the weekends is something that can easily be changed! Our visit with them was awesome. He was a lot more open than we thought he would be, actually really positive! Karla said that she wants to congregate herself in a church, but knows she has to get married in order to do it. She is golden, and him as well! We put a fecha with them, visited them with a family from the Branch on Thursday, and went there again on Saturday. We had talked about how prayer would help Marvin to not drink. Showed up at 7 on Saturday night, and he was still there, hadn´t left! What a miracle. They were so committed to church that they even invited us for breakfast on Sunday! They went to the Conference! The only problem is that Karla has to get a divorce from her separated husband in order to get married. Which is a stinker. But they are awesome!

On Wednesday, Elder Kleiner and I went out to Santo Tomas to work with some Elders. It was a fun day! We didn´t find a lot of people, but we worked hard, and I hope the Elders were able to see that!

Rolando was interviewed by President Russell a couple Sundays ago, and President is coming back on the 20th to re-interview him! Looks like he may be getting baptized at the end of this month if all goes well. But whether he does or doesn´t, this guy is so converted! He has already read the Book of Mormon once, goes to church every week, and teaches the lessons to family members and friends! Every Thursday night we go on visits with the members of the Branch, and last Thursday he went with us! I went out with the Ward Mission Leader and him. It was super awesome! I love that man.

Friday we had Zone Meeting. Talked about faith. Taught about teaching Repentance, so that we can baptize converts. It was fun! That afternoon I spent with Elder Salmeron. It was great to work with and learn from him.

Sunday as I said was the Stake Conference thingy with Elder Anderson by broadcast. It was great to hear from one of my favorite Apostles! We had a good day in church.

That is about it! This week are changes. We will see what happens. I love Juigalpa, I really do. I would be honored to have another change here with these people, especially this Branch! I have really come to love it. Can´t wait to let you guys know, and to enjoy these last 2 transfers in the mission! 

Love you all!

Elder Merrill
Mission Leadership Conference with Elder and Hermana Ochoa

No comments:

Post a Comment