Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, March 28, 2016

Grande Eres Tu! (How Great Thou Art!)

This week was awesome. Went by really quickly and there isn't a lot to say so I will get to the point but it was a lot of fun!

On Wednesday we had another Multi Zone, probably my last one. It was really good. Sister Russell talked quite a bit about Repentance and the importance of giving it everything we've got with the time we have on the mission. It was really impactful. President talked again about being consecrated, motivating us to be the best we can be! After that we had lunch, then did Workshops. Elder Heileson and I had to teach a Workshop again. We talked about Using the Scriptures to better teach Repentance. The church now has the big focus on Repentance, and with the Scriptures, we can better apply the process in our lives! Let us repent every day. I promise that it brings joy. One thing President Russell said to one of my companions one day was this, "Pray every night until you feel peaceful. If you don't feel peaceful, keep repenting." So very true. So anyway, the Workshop! Like three and a half hours straight of teaching. It is tiring but lots of fun. After we played #NicManSur shrades then finished up. It was fun!

Elders Merrill, Heileson and Hanson at Multi Zone
On Thursday I got to work with some Elders that have been struggling. It was fun. They improved, so I guess I did my job.

Isaura! She is an investigator that we have had. She has always had a little desire to be baptized but her family is really against the church. Elder Hall and I made the goal to invite her to a baptism service and from there invite her to be baptized right then and there on the spot. Then what did we do? WE PRAYED! And we prayed really hard. We got to her house Saturday morning and one of her relatives actually came out of the house with a machete and threatened us, saying, "Get out of here, we don't want you here. We are Christians." See the irony there? Hahaha but he didn't do anything. She was ready to go to the Baptism! We got there super early and invited her to be baptized. She accepted :) we called the DL, he interviewed her, and she got baptized! It was awesome and crazy! The scary part for us was going to be the confirmation, so what did we do? WE PRAYED EVEN MORE! So... we show up Sunday morning. No problems. We took her to church and she got confirmed. Absolute miracle. The title of this letter is Grande Eres Tu. That means How Great Thou Art. And it is so true. I am so thankful for the blessings of the Lord. They come in so many ways. 
Baptism of Isaura


And maybe the biggest blessing from my mission is the news I just heard. Congrats :)

I love you all so much. Happy Easter! I am thankful for my Savior like always. Excited for Conference. Learn something! And keep praying for the Jazz.

Love,
Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment