Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, April 11, 2016

Pizza!

This week was a good one! The power was out for the majority of the day so this is gonna be short. We are low on time! 

We worked hard this week! 

I will just get straight to Saturday because I honestly can't remember anything else from the week. Saturday was Elder Hall's birthday, so we had a lot of fun. Why did we have a lot of fun? Because of the baptism! We baptized Alicia. She is the daughter of a recent convert. We had worked with her for a little while but she hadn't been able to get her 3rd church attendance, so she hadn't been able to be baptized! However, she went to Conference, we animated her big time and she got baptized. It was fun. She is super awesome, and her little daughter Lelani is one of the funniest girls ever! She was so pumped about her baptism that her mom invited us for lunch on Sunday!
Baptism of Alicia
From then on we just worked on committing people to church, and had a good day yesterday. I bought Pizza Hut for lunch to celebrate his birthday and Elder Hall bought Papa John's at night. So good. He got a BBQ Chicken Pizza, and I felt like I was eating something that I hadn't eaten in decades.


A little tradition here in Nicaragua is that at all birthdays, eggs are thrown on the heads of the people! Elder Hall thought we were gonna do it in the morning, so he was surprised when we smacked him with eggs during the picture! Hahaah it was funny.

Happy Birthday Elder Hall!
Yesterday, Elder Heileson and I did 11 baptism interviews. It was crazy! We are hoping to have a good week this week. Pray for la Zona Universitaria!

Sorry, but time is short today. Hope you all had a great week! Let's always focus on the good in people. Try to make someone's day better every day! Love you all!

Love,
Elder Merrill

Go Jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment