Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, April 4, 2016

Conference!

4 up, 4 down! Que crazy. It was another fun week. The weeks are going faster and faster every week! I can't believe we are already in April. Let me give you a little update on the week and some of the things I learned. Feel free to not read it, because I know I am bad at this. Congrats to Noah on his mission call (West Virginia)! That is awesome man!

Tuesday we had another Mission Leadership Conference with all of the Zone Leaders (this is done every month). Maybe my second to last one! This mission didn't have a very good month in March, so President got after us pretty good. It helped. The Zone Leaders that are baptizing did get it a little easier, but the important thing is seeing the things we can improve rather than pushing away the correction. That is something really important that I have learned on my mission. If someone tries to correct you, especially a leader, they may not be exactly right in what they are saying. But they are saying what they are saying because they have seen something that implies that we need to be corrected! And they more times than not want to help us! So instead of being stubborn, why don't we just take a humble approach and try to improve?! That has helped me a ton. Other than that Consejo was great, always good to see a lot of friends! 


On Thursday Elder Heileson and I went to do divisions with a struggling companionship. It is a DL, so he needs even more to put an example. They had really been struggling, had only brought 1 investigator to church the week before, and the DL was losing a lot of faith. So Elder Heileson and I went on up there. We talked a lot about Faith during Comp Study, and then went out to work. Yeah we worked hard and maybe taught them some things, but what helped more than anything was just trying to improve their faith and patience. This weekend, they took 13 investigators to church. It was really fun to see. I am happy for him because their faith was strengthened, and that is what made the difference. 

Friday we had Zone Meeting. It was fun! Can't really remember what we talked about, hahahah.

Conference! It was spiritual, fun and good. I guess, hahahah. We had a successful weekend. Most importantly, quite a few people were able to hear the voices (translated into Spanish) of the Prophets and hear the inspired messages! We didn't really watch on Saturday, mostly just Priesthood. We saw everything on Sunday. All in Spanish, which is a bummer. Lots of talks helped me, felt the Spirit, all that good stuff. Elder Holland's talk was pretty dang cool. And I got a lot of personal revelation at the Priesthood session about how to become a better leader. I am grateful for President Monson. I love him so much. Conference here in the mission is awesome, but boy am I excited for October to watch it at home. 

Other than that, it was a good week! We are continuing to work hard, no matter what the circumstance. Pray for Jaimy, Alicia, Alberto, Cristian, Leslie, Alondra, Jose Luis and Claudio. It would help a lot :) happy birthday Liz!

Love,
Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment