Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, November 17, 2014

another lame, short email...

Umm... here we are, back into the normal missionary life :) so here comes another lame, short email! These last few weeks have been going by really slow, but now I'm back into the thick of things and this week was super super fast! I'll give ya all some quick updates :)

In answer to my moms question about the Spanish.... it's going great! I can basically say whatever I need to say (in bad Spanish obviously), and understand the majority. There are still plenty of times where I think... what the heck did you just say?, but it's not really too big of a concern anymore :) just pluggin along! 

This week... hmm... what did we do this week? Oh yeah, preached the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the only way to salvation! Lots of fun :) honestly there weren't a lot of memories, but this is something pretty dang cool. Although it's super hard, we get rejected, yelled at, hated, it's hot, and I still don't know Spanish, there really is nothing better than this work. It is truly an honor to be in the service of the Lord, seriously preaching the only way to salvation! I know without a doubt in my mind that this is the church of Jesus Christ on the earth. The only one. And we have to take the steps necessary to receive our salvation. What I love about this church and what separates us from the rest, is that this is a church of action! If we're not acting, we're not growing and we're not showing our faith! So go listen to Alex Boye and Carmen Rasmussen's song-can't remember what it's called exactly, and do something! Do something good today! Take action to strengthen your faith and others', whatever it may be! When we act, we are blessed. It's that simple. 

I know that the basis of this work is the Spirit. I've seen it so much already in my mission. It's guided me to the people that need the Gospel, and comforted me when I really need it. I work every day to obtain it more. The glory of this Gospel, is that we can feel the Spirit WHENEVER WE WANT. WE JUST HAVE TO GO FIND IT.

I love this Gospel, I love my Savior, and I love you all. Thank you immensely for the examples and the love that you've given me. Que Dios les bendiga!

Love,
Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment