Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, November 10, 2014

I haven't been jumped this week!

Here we go! (Thinking of Mario right now I'm not sure why). Hahahaha officialy another great week down in the mission field! Livin the dream in Nicaragua! This was my first full week with my "son" Elder Castro, and man we threw some fire! Hahahah here are some updates :)

We made the decision that we are going to be exactly obedient. And that is what we tried to do the best we could. And would you look at that.... we got some dang good blessings out of it :) Monday we went looking for a guy named Anner, who's had times in the church but has basically been lost. At about 8:30 at night, we went back to his house one last time, and he was there! He told us that for awhile he never felt ready to get baptized, but now he wants to get it done as quickly as possible, and we're hoping for this month :)

Wednesday we were walking around contacting, life every single day, and I saw a little side street and thought "hmm that might be good to contact". We went back there a little later, contacted some 16 year old boy who's BEEN GOING TO CHURCH FOR LIKE HALF A YEAR BUT THE MISSIONARIES HAVE NEVER TALKED TO HIM AND HE WANTS TO GET BAPTIZED. So he should get baptized this week or next week :) we also found some other new really good investigators this week. Just gotta be obedient and trust in the Lord! 

My Son, Elder Castro, is great! He loves to work, loves to contact, and loves to talk! And for someone that doesn't have a huge interest in talking like me, it works out perfectly :) We work well together, but above all we're working hard and being super obedient. Sometimes that's all you can ask for :)

Other than that, not a whole lot is going on here :) other than I haven't been jumped this week! Although it's been close a couple times :) I love the members here in Managua, and I love being a missionary por La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias :)

Love you all,
Elder Merrill
 
These two pictures were taken on his last day in Granada

Reppin' the #5

Elders Merrill, Collado and Hartley and a family in Granada

These pictures are from transfers

Elder Castro (new companion), Elder Collado (former companion and trainer) and Elder Merrill (pre-dental probs!)

Elders Bennet and Jimenez, good friends from last area (Granada)

No comments:

Post a Comment