Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Investigators!!

Goooooood luck with Drill this week Annie :) hahahahaha that should be a fun life for her. And hello family and friends. This last week was another super fast, awesome week. Let's see if I can contarles un poco en cuanto a esta semana.

Tuesday we had interviews with President Russell!!!! Those were super fun... but very stressful as is every single aspect of my life right now. First my companion Elder Naisbitt and I talked to him about the Zone and what we were looking for. We also focused a lot on the importance of our area. There's been some struggles, but we are working on that. In my personal interview, we basically just talked about the frustration that I've had these last few months. Because it's been super hard with the lack of success that I've had since about January. He just advised me on the importance of keeping working. The only way is to work my way out of it. Even though I've been working very hard and he acknowledged that, I just need to keep working harder. So that's what I gotta do. Put all the faith in the Lord, put the head down and go to work! The Zone is doing really well, thank goodness.

Wednesday, I can't remember what happened. We worked hard and had a good day I think!

Thursday I went down to Rivas.... and guess what? My favorite and best investigator that I have had on my mission finally got baptized on Saturday!!!!!!!!! His name is Carlos. The only problem that he has had is that he's been waiting for his divorcement to come out, and it finally did last week! He has got such a strong testimony, and has been waiting for this day. I was able to visit him and take a few pictures, because two of his sons got baptized as well! Sometimes you just gotta see the fruits of work. I'm so happy for this guy. He is someone that I will never forget. Now we just gotta get his wife in the water so that they can go to the temple! I also love working with one of my best friends Elder Copeland.

Carlos!
 
Friday was great. I think. I know that in District Meeting Elder Copeland talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon. I love the Book of Mormon and I love the Restoration with all of my heart. This book is the central part of our conversion to Jesus Christ and the Atonement. Read it, and live the precepts that are found inside of it!

Saturday we worked hard in a new part of the area, and found some awesome people. Blessings of work!

Sunday we brought 14 investigators to church, which was great. One of them being... Dennis. Let me tell you a little bit about Dennis.... he is 82 years old, and he is a reference from a recently returned missionary. And he is pretty much my favorite person in the entire world. Honestly though. He is so kind, funny, and willing to follow God. He has learned so much and we have gained a great relationship. I will send you some pictures of him next week because this Saturday HE IS GETTING BAPTIZED. I AM SO HAPPY FOR HIM AND SO EXCITED FOR THIS SATURDAY. I LOVE YOU DENNIS!

Needless to say, it was a great week! I am so grateful for the Gospel, and for every blessing that I have seen in my life. I'm grateful for the opportunity not to work for blessings, but to serve the Lord and just see how he works miracles in my life. Love you all, thanks for the support. 

Love,
Elder Merrill

Elders Copeland and Merrill and Carlos and family


No comments:

Post a Comment