Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, June 15, 2015

It's about time!

Wahooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This week was another awesome, wickedly fast week. And yes.... I have officially been out for over a year. It is absolutely crazy. I guess that I´ll try to give a lil update on what happened this last week. It was a fun one.

Tuesday.... Tuesday... Tuesday..... I literally cannot remember what happened on Tuesday. We worked, and it was a lot of fun! Hahahah we have been having more success here in the area, so that has been fun! Wednesday was the same hahahah.

Thursday was June 11th.... And I honestly can´t believe that. As I woke up I began to think of my first day back in the MTC exactly a year ago, and it just blew my mind how fast it has gone, how much has changed and how much I have grown. I think. I have tried so hard to improve myself and help others do the same, and even though I have fallen many times, ya just gotta get back up. I have learned so much about the Savior, and have gained an even greater relationship with him. But I have so much to learn and sooooooo much to grow in. A feel like time is just going by way too fast... so it´s extremely important to keep working and learning and growing. As my companion says.... Keep on keepin on!

We didn´t do anything to celebrate hahaha just worked... that´s the best kind of celebration I guess!

Friday I went around doing some baptism interviews and then...... Dennis. Our main man. Maybe my favorite person that I have met here in Nicaragua. Friday was his marriage! He´s 82, and he got married to a 40 year old. No you did not read that wrong. It was a little weird, but they really love eachother and it was a great experience.

And then Saturday.... his baptism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah it was so awesome. He is sooooooo humble, and he has been so grateful for the help that we have offered him. After going so long without baptizing... the drought could not have been broken in a better way. Nor with a better man. I am so grateful for that opportunity, and for the chance to baptize Umberto this Saturday as well! 

 
On Sunday we had 21 investigators at church.... a record for this area! 

That is a really bad email... I´m sorry hahaha. But just know that I am doing awesome, and more importantly working hard! Enjoy every day and Come Unto Christ!

Love,
Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment