Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Before we knew it...

Well, here goes nothin. Last week was incredible. We were able to baptize Raiza (and marry her), Jean Carlos, Pedro and Bryan. A great way to go out. The Zone did great, the mission hit our monthly goal. It was a lot of fun.
Pedro and Raiza
Jean Carlos
I am grateful that I have had the opportunity to represent the Lord's church here in Nicaragua for the past two years. There have been so many experiences that have helped me but hopefully at the same time have helped others. I am grateful for the Restoration of the Gospel and all the blessings that have been included with it. And I am of course grateful for my Savior and what he did for me. Representing Him for two years was not easy, but it was definitely worth it. I could go on for days writing about my experiences and testimony but it can wait for now :)

Happy Birthday yesterday Mom and on Wednesday Annie! Grateful for these two who have supported me in this journey. 

I have grown to love this country and love these people. It is so bittersweet to have to say goodbye to them, but I know that they will keep moving forward and that some day there will be a temple here. Nicaragua is now part of me and I love it with all of my heart.

I love you all so much! Have a great week, and we will see you on Thursday!

For the last time,

Elder Merrill

2 comments:

  1. Elder Merrills family we are so excited for you today. We are so grateful for Elder Merrill he has truly become one of Elder Copelands best friends and we can wait to meet him. Enjoy your hug today it's the best. Keep us updated on his homecoming we would love to come. Connor will be home June 15th. I am sure they will work out a way to get together. Thanks for your blog it's been fun to read Sams letters and compare. He did it. Well done Elder Merrill. Can't wait to see what the future holds for these great missionaries. ��
    Angie Copeland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Sam loves Elder Copeland as well. Sam will be speaking on June 26th at 1:00. I'm sure Sam will give the address to Connor. I have loved reading your blog as well. We missionary moms need all the info we can get!

    ReplyDelete