Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, May 23, 2016

Hasta la ultima gota.

This last week was a fun one! Sorry about Moroni, I hope he is doing better!

So the first couple days of this week were spent trying to prepare Reinaldo, our dope investigator for his baptism! On Tuesday he passed his baptism interview and everything seemed ok but we were still a little unsure, so this guy needed a lot of prayers! Oh yeah, Elder Hall and I had a cool experience a couple weeks ago! It was Saturday the 14th at about 7:30 and we were walking down the street and some guy started calling out for us. We thought he was drunk so we tried to ignore him at first but as he insisted we decided to give it a shot and listen to him. He told us that he is a member, and that him and his son had just moved from Masaya! His son had been receiving the lessons from some Elders there, and his Dad told us that he wanted us to teach him and baptize him! He didn't go to church on the 15th, but we prepared him all week for yesterday and put him on date for the 28th of May, this Saturday. He went to church yesterday in a white shirt and tie, which is not normal. He is ready for this Saturday, the kid is super cool! His name is Pedro and he is 13. What a miracle!

Thursday we had Mission Leadership Council for the last time. It was a cool experience seeing all the mission friends again and talking about the mission. Our Zone continues to do well, so that is good. Wasn't anything special but it was a good time, got some good pictures too! hahaha
 
Last consejo-Love these guys!

Thursday afternoon I got a random phone call saying that my final interview with President Russell was on Friday at 5pm, which was kind of a surprise! I thought it was going to be a little later on. So Friday we had Zone Conference, and Elder Hanson and I talked a little about Patience and how to better Commit and Verify. It was fun. Then came my final interview with President. That was kinda weird. It was a lot of fun! We talked for about an hour and 45 minutes about life and work plans and school and marriage and all that good stuff. I am real grateful for that guy, he has helped me a lot. He gave some great advice! Which is pretty important advice coming from a multi-gazillionaire hahaha. What most stuck with me was the fact that if we keep a good relationship with our Father in Heaven, he will always bless and help us. Of that I am sure.

Saturday we worked hard committing people to church and getting Reinaldo ready for Sunday morning!

Reinaldo
Sunday was Reinaldo's baptism, he was super pumped! It was a good experience. His brother Rigoberto came and he is gonna get baptized this Saturday! All in all we are looking to baptize Rigoberto, Lesner, Jean Carlos, Edwin, Bryan and Pedro this week. It would be an awesome way to go out but we need the Lord's help, so please help us with some prayers! Elder Hanson and I then spent basically all of Sunday doing baptism interviews. We are hoping to have a big week this week to end the month. We then saw one of my really good friends from the mission, Elder Martinez! He was an AP for about a year and was back visiting. He is really funny, love that guy! Hopefully I can get a picture with him on Sunday cause he will be at Altagracia this Sunday.

That is about it. I hope you all have a great week! Happy birthday to Annie, can't believe you are already 15 and about to go into High School! And Happy Birthday on Sunday to my amazing mother. She has supported me throughout this entire journey, and I am super grateful for that! Love you Mom! Your birthday gift?? I will see you in 10 days :)

Love you all!

Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment