Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, September 22, 2014

September 15, 2014

Well another week has come and gone... and life is still generally the same down here in Nicaragua! 


Tuesday Elder Collado and I went out to Managua for Training with all the missionaries that I came with! It's part of the 12 week process, a conference week 8! I'm almost there! Hahaha.... so anyways, it was great to see all my friends from the CCM and how they have progressed!

As a companionship, we have really kinda been struggling with our numbers. Like bad. And it's not necessarily just because Collado has two newbies with him, but yeah it's been a little bad. On Thursday I worked and slept at the house of Elder Bennett, because Elder Copeland and Regalizo (ZL) had to go out to Managua! Elder Copeland got bit by a spider! Thank goodness I haven't seen a huge one yet. So anyways on Friday I had to work in our area alone with Elder Hartley, and I was determined to be efficient and effective. And we were able to reach all the standards of excellence! Really ya just gotta work hard and trust in the Lord in all you do and He will do the rest! 

As far as safety goes, it's all good down here. We have so much fun with all the drunk guys to be honest! The scariest moment of my mission happened on Saturday. We were sitting in a house teaching and a homosexual walked past, said "con permiso" and gave me the creepiest smile I have ever seen. I don't know if I've ever been that scared in my life. Hahah but other than that all is good!

Once again a relatively short letter. I don't understand how all my friends write these huge long letters with every little detail! It's just hard because everyday is for the most part the same hahahaha. But just know that I am doing great out here! My Spanish is coming along. I plan to be able to completely converse by the end of this Change. Right now I basically can,but it's broken and I don't understand everything! But more important than that, my testimony of the Savior is continuing to grow every single day and I can see it in all the people down here as well. I love the people of Nicaragua, I love the Lord, and I love all you guys!

Love,
Elder Merrill
Our new abuelita (grandma), Julio Cesar (an investigator) and her son, Miguel

No comments:

Post a Comment