Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014

Dear family and friends,

Well needless to say.... WHAT A WEEK. I'm writing really late and have practically no time to write because we had to change houses today! And why is that? Because I RECEIVED A NEW COMPANION LAST WEEK. His name is Elder Hartley. He's from Boise and he's brand new! Which means Elder Collado is now training two missionaries. There are three groups of missionaries in my zone, and Elder Collado (DL), Elder Martinez (DL) e Elder Regalizo (ZL) are all training two missionaries! It's crazy! So here is my goal for this transfer... Elder Collado should only be training one missionary this change. I've had to completely change my attitude and confidence in the last week, because Elder Hartley is definitely watching me! We've already worked together with only us once, and it went really well! With all this pressure (I love pressure) my Spanish has already taken a huge jump. I'm excited to continue to work hard and help Elder Hartley in his journey! As I'm trying to live mine haha. Also all day today we have been changing houses because our old house was too small. 



Elders Merrill, Collado and Hartley
Oh yeah something else... we had two baptisms this weekend! Yadira progressed so quickly and it's been great! Also Joni, I don't have a picture with him because his baptism was on Sunday and I had to go get investigators but I am so happy for him. He's 15 years old, and he's probably the closest I've felt to an investigator to this point. I love working with people around my age because I can relate so well and love them! 

Yadira

Anyways this is short but our time is short because of all the work today. Gracias a todos por amarme, apoyarme y sus ejemplos! No estaria aqui sin sus ejemplos! Yo se que esta obra es la obra del Senor! Lo se, lo vivo y me encanta. Les amo todo! (Yeah I do know a little Spanish hahah) 
Con amor,
Elder Merrill

We go out in three's but I usually end up doing divisions with a member(Jaime). It's hard and I've definitely had my struggles and I am still a perfectionist but I'm grinding and working hard! I did have a little homesickness with football and school and everything, but I'm trying to put the past behind me and solely focus on the present with an eye to the future!

1 comment:

  1. It's been over a week since the last update... did Sam send a letter this week?

    ReplyDelete