Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, September 1, 2014

September 1, 2014

Agosto is already over! Well.... I can honestly say this was the fastest month of my entire life! As I've said over and over, sometimes I feel like this is the fastest thing, and sometimes the slowest thing in the world! But oh well because whether it's fast or slow, it's going!
I guess today I should probably tell you a little bit about where I am right now hahahah. Nicaragua. As you all know, it's extremely poor. Very poor. I'm in Granada which is kind of okay. In the center (where I live), it's actually not bad! But then you get on the outskirts and it's totally what you'd imagine a third world country to be hahaha. It has started to rain almost every day now! 
This picture is from a website trying to sell you on vacationing in Nicaragua!!
The people. Hmmmm hahahahahaha. I could spend years describing the people here! Last week in church I had to sit next to someone who was breast feeding, can't even describe the awkwardness. The people here don't really have a grip on the whole "Moral Standards" thing! People are always drunk. Like always. The thing that bothers me sometimes is that the people don't have hardly any money but spend it all on beer! However, the people that are humble, I truly love with all of my heart. Realmente amo todos los Nicaraguense! The members here are... ah not sure how to describe them. Some of them are awesome! Jaime, our ward mission leader is as good as it gets. He's a 23 year old RM that served in Honduras, and I work with him about once a week when Elder Collado is doing interviews! But there's really not a whole lot of Priesthood here, which is the problem. Our Branch President ordered pizza to the church a couple weeks ago on Sunday. 

Elder Collado and I have been working really hard! We had our most successful week, brought 9 investigators to church finally! We don't have any baptisms this week but should have two next week! This week is the end of my first change in the mission! I have to say goodbye to Elder Macias, who goes home Wednesday. And it's going to be hard. This guy has literally helped me so much with everything. Whether it be Spanish (he's from Cali), homesickness or just being a friend, he has been a huge blessing in my life. I know I was placed in his zone for a reason.
Elder Macias is in the yellow jersey.
Thank you for all the updates! Keep up the good work Braves! Shocker that the Aggies lost hahahah oh well. Congrats to Konnor on a successful mission! Love you all and thank you for everything! Above all, Jesus lives. I know it, I live it, and I love it!

Elder Merrill


Dad:  Did you play basketball?
Elder Merrill:  No, there is just no time.
Dad:  What do you do on Pday?
Elder Merrill:  Eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment