Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, January 26, 2015

I guess he thinks we just sit around all week waiting to hear from him... okay, we do!!

Heyyyyyyyyyyy family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So first and foremost, I need to tell everyone about how sorry I am about how lame my letter was last week. As soon as I left the Cyber I felt really bad about it all week, because I know that I can do better! You guys wait all week for the opportunity to hear about my experiences, and then I send that. Hahahahah sorry. That won't happen again :)

So my week...... hmmmm it absolutely flew by! Super super fast! When you're running around doing things, time tends to go by pretty fast. On Monday night I stayed with another missionary in our District because we were both really sick! I had a really bad fever and hardly slept. And since that day.... I've still been pretty sick! Not like feel super bad, just some stomach pains and I'm now pretty sure that I have my first parasite!! Nice and fun :) lots of pooping..... I've lost about 10-15 pounds this week! So that's great hahahah. On Tuesday I had to run around to Nandaime, which is about 40 minutes away in a bus.... a bus that is always full that I have to stand up in. Then on Thursday I had to go back out to Managua to go to the dentist! In less than a month I get my real tooth put in and I'm done with this retainer :) but a lot more buses! For about 50 minutes I was crouched over sideways, which sucks. But of course it's because we're giving the seats to ladies so it's not too bad :)

On Saturday we had a baptism! His name is Norberto. He's super cool, just needed a bunch of help and motivation. But when he finally got confirmed on Sunday morning.... a huge relief was lifted off my shoulders because he almost didn't. Hopefully today the pictures will send! 
Elders Niblett, Arevalo, and Merrill and Norberto
 Last night I learned such a great quote from a member. We were talking about missionary work and she said; "how cool that we're members of the church. How cool that we have all that we do. What about them outside that don't?" This literally is the most important work in the entire world, and we need to share it with all! And I'm so unbelievably grateful that I have this wonderful opportunity :) 

Quick facts about my companions. Elder Niblett is from Idaho! His birthday is May 14th, and we got baptized and went through the temple for the very first time on the exact same days! Freaking crazy! Also Elder Arevalo, my second son. He is awesome! He's from El Salvador! Really quite and needs some help, but he's got a good nourishing system :) Well that's about it! Love you all and I thank you all for your support! I'm also so excited for all my amazing girl friends that are entering into the Army of Helaman! This is the greatest work in the entire world!

Elder Merrill
Elders Merrill and Arevalo


1 comment:

  1. Now THAT's what I'm talking about! :) Poor Elder Arevalo - he looks like someone needs to hook him up to a bicycle pump and finish inflating him! What does Sam mean by "good nourishing system???" And I'm kind of sad because I asked him jokingly in my e-mail last week how many parasites he estimated he'd gotten so far! Gah!

    ReplyDelete