Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, January 5, 2015

I'M IN LOVE WITH NICARAGUA!

Uh so this week was such a great week. And I'm gonna be honest... right now my mind is absolutely blank. I can't remember what happened! Oh yeah we had another baptism! And we brought 13 investigators to church! Wahoo! And I sweated, was rejected, laughed at, and everything in between. But as my parents can tell ya'll from when we skyped.... I'M IN LOVE WITH NICARAGUA. I love this place and I love these people, and this is what I'm going to talk a little bit about today :)

At the MultiZone on the 26th of December, President Russell talked about how this place is a blessed land. And I could not agree more. When people talk about mission calls and all that stuff, they talk about how we get sent to places where the people need us. And yes that is partially true. But I also firmly believe that we get sent to these places because it's the best place for us to be. Some people might think, "ah Nicaragua.... super poor and hot. That's not that cool." and they are so wrong. I am so unbelievably blessed to be here in Nicaragua. So blessed. The mission had like 1720 baptisms this year. This last week, two people got their answer about Joseph Smith in about three days. There are people in other parts of the world who will search and pray for years just to get an answer. And this doesn't mean that we're the best missionaries, just that the Lord has prepared these people to receive the Gospel. And they may have their issues, but these people want to follow Christ. And for that very reason, I love each and every one of them with all of my heart. I really am in the best mission in the entire world :)

Well not a whole lot of information for today hahahah sorry. With changes this week, there should be some new info next week, although hopefully not as much as the last time that we had changes hahahahaha. I love you all and I am so grateful for the love and support. God be with you til we meet again :)

Love,
Elder Merrill
P.S I played a little more basketball today! I'm not too bad ;)

Don't worry I didn't forget..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY EXAMPLE AND HERO, JONATHAN WHITTLE MERRILL, THIS SUNDAY. THE BIG 50! HALFWAY THERE! AND TO THE BROTHER THAT I'VE ALWAYS BEEN WAITING FOR ON SATURDAY! LOVE YOU GUYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment