Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, January 12, 2015

Interesting week...

What an interesting week it has been! First to hear about everything that is happening back home, crazy stuff! It is so weird to think about watching (or now playing in) a Utah State game without Coach Morrill ever again. Even if he's never been my coach, I have learned so much from him and he has done so much for Utah State. I will forever be grateful to him and the other coaches for giving me the opportunity. 

And hey would you look at that.... some crazy stuff has happened here too! I had changes! Which makes me kinda sad because I left about 7 or 8 sure baptisms in my area. But I was ready. So now I'm in Rivas. Rivas is about 2 and a half hours away from Managua and it's a lot like Granada, my first area. Kind of a tourist place, super hot, but super calm and chill! I'm in the Zone Jinotepe. On Wednesday we were in Jinotepe and there it's......... cold. Like I was cold all night. I want to be there so bad. But oh well that doesn't matter! 

So what's the deal.... oh yeah I'm now a District Leader and I'm training another new missionary! The whole District Leader thing doesn't mean a whole lot, just more responsibility, more work and a lot less sleep! I'm so unbelievably tired right now. These last 4 days I've worked in my area about 3 hours, and I've walked more than I ever have in my entire life searching for a new house for a companionship, doing baptism interviews, and lots more stuff! Oh and hey, the power went out in all of Nicaragua so I had to walk and pick up some sisters late at night in the dark! Anyways, my new companions are Elder Niblett and Elder Arevalo. Niblett is from Idaho and has a change less than me in the mission. He's really nice and knows the area so all's good there! Elder Arevalo, my second son, is a lil guy from El Salvador. He's a little quiet and timid (unlike my first son), so this is a great opportunity to help him grow. It's gonna be a lot of fun!

I'm sorry but I'm completely out of time, so there's not much more I can write. But I love ya all. Thank you so much for the love and prayers. I know that it helps me more than you know! 

Love,
Elder Merrill

1 comment: