Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, April 13, 2015

WILLING TO ACT!!

Hello family and friends,
 
How the heck are ya all? I am doin awesome. 10 flippin months last week! I say that every week sorry. This week was another quick, exciting and spiritual week, just like every other week in the mission! Here is a little report so to say.

First off. The ward that I am in here in Rivas. Best freaking thing in the entire world. Like I have said, Rivas is really far away from everything else and there is only one ward where we are at, with 10 missionaries. But the ward really is so great. It is not necessarily that they help us a whole lot, but they are just really cool people. The Bishop is awesome, there are a bunch of RMs and the youth is pretty great also. If the area wasn't so dang hard, I would be absolutely in love with this place!

I guess I forgot to say that one of our new Zone Leaders is Elder Naisbitt. He was the one that I spent a little time with when I was in the office. He was my DL back then and now he is the ZL. He's from West Jordan. The kid is honestly one of my best friends, and he is one kid that I'm absolutely sure will be one of them after the mission as well, because we are practically alike! Along with Elder Copeland! We got to work a couple days together last week, and it was just like old times! And I'm excited to work more with him in the future!

Like I said, my area is not very easy, for lack of time in the area we have not had a lot of success, but right now we have got our main man Jose doin work! He may or may not have a house, but is very humble and WILLING TO ACT!  We love him!

This last week, we had Stake Conference, also really cool! Elder Morales from the 70 spoke, and man that guy has some beautiful spanish, yes I understood.

Well there is another short dumb explanation of my week. But my testimony grows stronger and stronger every day as we work to help these people come unto Christ! Have a great week everybody! Love you all! 

Elder Merrill

P.S.  I will try to get these pictures sent!

Editors note: Pictures never came but I got these off of Elder Copeland's (went to Lone Peak HS) blog. I hope his mother doesn't mind :)
 
Rivas District

Elders Merrill and Copeland watching conference


1 comment:

  1. Great letter! (Of COURSE the pics never came! Dat boy...) ;)

    ReplyDelete