Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, April 6, 2015

Follow the Prophet, don't go astray!

Hello family. So this was a relatively eventful week! And I know that I say this every week, but I can't believe how fast this dang thing is going. Already in April! Next month is when we begin the whole "less than a year thing" but who's counting really? Hahah but this last week was awesome again! 3 great important things that happened.

First changes! They let us know on Tuesday if we have changes so that we can get ready and go to the meeting on Wednesday. It's especially important for us here in Rivas because we have to travel to Jinotepe the day before to make it! They said I didn't have anything, then decided to inform me at midnight that night that I was training again! So we got up a 3 am, took a taxi to Jinotepe and went to the meeting! And I have another son! His name is Elder Varela and he is from Honduras. He's a lot like my old comp Arevalo, so it will be fun to work with him! But also and maybe cooler, we have another companion... Elder Copeland! He is now companions with Arevalo and we are all in the same area and house! Copeland is from Lone Peak, and we kinda knew each other (social media) before the mission so it is super cool! 

Second, conference. So freaking good. Well the parts that we saw! Question, do we know why President Monson didn't speak as much? That was kinda sad, but I would guess he's a little tired, or that we're really wicked! Either way, I am still unbelievably grateful for him and for the work that he puts in for us. We testify every dang day about the importance of a prophet, and I've been thinking a lot about that lately. What is the importance of a Prophet? I promise every day that I have seen the blessings, but what are they? And it's simple. It comes from a Primary hymn. Follow the Prophet; don't go astray. If we follow the things that we learned this last weekend (the talk by Uchtdorf about Grace was probably my favorite) we will never fall away and therefore we will gain salvation! And what more do we want?! I was so ready for the announcement of the Nicaragua Temple and so sad when it didn't happen. There are so many people here that are so deserving, but really they just aren't ready. One Day!

And lastly, with Conference every time comes a new found love for the family :) I am so grateful for my family, especially with the knowledge that we can be forever. I know maybe more than anything that Families and Friends are Forever. Love you all, thanks for everything :)

Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment