Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, April 27, 2015

People are always watching!

Well Elder Copeland is officially 20 years old! And that was literally the fastest week that I have ever had in my entire life. That is what happens when someone spends the whole week working with other companionships and going to meetings. That is alright. Here is a brief update!

On Tuesday I got to spend a little time with my "dad" Elder Collado. He came down to work a little bit with us. Since he became AP, he had to learn how to drive, and he's not quite the best hahhahah. Right now he is still in our old area (Managua), and visits all the time where we started (Granada), so he told me a little about all the converts we have, and they are doing so well! Well, the majority of them. It is so awesome to hear that and brings so much joy to see that these people are progressing!

Wednesday was Elder Copeland's birthday! It's sad because me and my companion had to go to Jinotepe in the afternoon, but the morning was awesome... studying! This dude is maybe the craziest kid that I know, but he is super funny and I love him to death! We got to celebrate with a little cake that a guy made us on Thursday night.
Happy Birthday Elder Copeland!!
Thursday we had a training for new missionaries and their trainers. President Russell stressed on how being a trainer is the most important calling in the mission, and the importance of setting a great example. We are the first example of missionary work that these people see, so it's essential. Exact obedience, and working them to death. And that's how it should be in all aspects of our lives. We have to be the examples in everything that we do. In every little thing. People are always watching, even if we don't think so. So be obedient and work hard in all that you do!

Saturday was the baptism of Jose! Well almost hahaha. We spent the whole day looking for him, and when we finally found him, Satan had done a great job, because he didn't want to. That happens a lot here, unfortunately. We only had two weeks of opportunities, but we did not have a baptism in April. Kind of sucks, but we have repented and we are looking really positive for May!

And Sunday, weirdest thing in my entire life. I saw people that I know! As we entered into the church, I saw a car of white people. They walked into the chapel, I saw one of them and my heart just stopped because I recognized that it was Adam Child! At first he didn't recognize me, but he went, "hey Elder Merr....what the!" He was there with Keller Seamons! For those of you that don't know, those two were really good friends of Liz, and Adam Child's little sister Sarah has been one of my lifelong friends. It was super weird but super cool!
Adam Child, Elder Merrill and Keller Seamons
Adam and Keller where on a surfing trip
Today I beat Elder Copeland 11 straight times in 7 on the line :)

Love you all, thanks for you patience and love and support!

Love,
Elder Merrill

And congrats to Annie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Editors note:  I have no idea what 7 on the line is but if they played golf, Elder Copeland would crush him!!

2 comments:

  1. We are so happy we found Elder Merrills blog. Elder Copeland absolutely loves serving with him. I think they have a lot of the same interests and love to work hard. Nicaragua has been an adventure for both of them. But I love their attitudes and desire to work and teach the people. We are so lucky to have President Russell and his wife they have been so good to them and us in keeping is updated and complimenting our boys. Especially with all the extra care Elder Merrill needed with his injury. Thanks for raising such a fine young man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were so happy to find your blog! All of Sam's companions have been from Central America and we haven't found any information on them. So it has been really fun to read about Elder Copeland's experiences! I hope you don't mind, I "borrowed" some of your pictures. We don't get very much information from Sam about the food, bugs or living conditions and he sends very few pictures. As you can read, he loves your son!! And yes, President and Hermana Russell were wonderful through Sam's experience!!

      Delete