Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, May 25, 2015

Try every day to make someone else's life better

Hello family and friends. First and foremost Happy Birthday to my incredibly already old youngest lil sis, the Annie Merrill. That is crazy that she is already 14! The day that she turns 15, in exactly one year from now, I will be in my final day in the mission. Crazy! But I hope you´ve had a great day Annie. And even more important... Happy Birthday this Friday to my number 1 fan and amazing mother! She is one of the main reasons I try to work so hard, and I am so grateful for the blessing to be in the amazing family I am with the rock of a mother that I have.

So this week. What happened? Well this week was pretty uneventful and pretty stressful. Like I said, this month is an opportunity for this Zone to have the best month that it has ever had! And let´s look at our basketball team last year... lots of expectations, the chance of disappointment! So here we have a lot of pressure. Which makes it so much more fun! So basically we just spend the whole time trying to keep up our own area while at the same time trying to help out the Zone. On Friday I was able to visit my old area in Rivas to work with Elder Copeland, and that was a lot of fun. It was also great to see some of the amazing people that I came to love in that area. And there are a lot of them. As we all know, everything other than the life after this is going to end. So the best that we can do is try to leave a stamp of doing good for others. Trying every day to make someone elses life better. If we´re not doing that at least.. then what is the point? That was a great experience. It also rained down there for the first time since I´ve been there, and it rained hard! Which was great... until it made me sick hahaha.

So yeah the last few days I have been pretty sick. With a lot of pain. I´ve been resting when I can and working when I can, but it´s all good because ya gotta just keep working! 

Tomorrow we have a leadership meeting with all the leaders of the mission, something that goes on once a month. It should be a lot of fun... but we´ll see hahaha. It´s just a good thing that our Zone is doing pretty well, because if not it´d be rough! 

Today is Memorial Day? That´s crazy. This always makes me think about my amazing Grandma Joan and the amazing example she gave to our family in her life. Knowing that we have people supporting us on both sides give a great comfort, and more motivation to work! I love my family and friends.

In answer to the questions, my new companion is Elder Naisbitt, the one from West Jordan and like my best friend in the mission. But we also have our two ¨sons¨ Elder Sanchez and Elder Rodriguez, who are both in their training. They are both from El Salvador and they are awesome. Technically my companion, or trainee is Elder Sanchez who is in his second change, but it´s all interchangeable!

Thanks so much for the love and support! Keep up the good work. Love you all!

Elder Merrill



No comments:

Post a Comment