Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, May 4, 2015

It's about Him

Another incredibly fast week in the books. And just about another transfer in the books as well! This week will be the last week of the change, and most likely the last week that we will be a foursome together. Crazy!

So on Tuesday I went out with Elder Copeland to do some interviews and animate some people. And while we were waiting for a little boy to finish baseball practice, we got to mess around and play a little bit of baseball! That is another thing that I miss like crazy. Can you believe that? Ever since I played last year, I have completely fallen in love with this game. Who would've thought that I would ever say that I miss throwin a ball and being up at the plate? So that was a pretty good 20 minutes.

Ah on Wednesday night the electricity went out right when we got back to the house. That happens a lot, but usually not at night. And it was the worst thing in the world. I have never been so hot in my life. Oh and that reminds me.... this last week... literally indescribable, unbearable heat. Take the worst, most horrendous heat of your life, and times it by 50, then you'll have a taste of what we felt. It was super awesome!
 
Hot but pretty

No electricity, no fans...
Friday we had Zone Meeting, and it basically was just a big machete because our Zone had a really bad month in April.

Saturday we had a kid decide he was going to get all Atheist a week before his baptism. So therefore, his mom won't let him or his TWO brothers get baptized this coming Saturday. So yeah, needless to say this time has not been the easiest here in Rivas, for the lack of success. It's that time where you feel like you're doing everything you can, but just not having the success. But I've learned so much here and continue learning about how to improve. I've learned to completely rely and focus on what is the will of the Lord. Because what we want doesn't really matter! Whether it be baptisms or just becoming a better disciple, if we are obedient, he will do the job. It's about Him.

I can't believe we are already to Mother's Day. This 6 months have flown! I'm super excited to talk to the family this Sunday :) and tomorrow.... the BEST HOLIDAY EVER! HAPPY 5 DE MAYO TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Hahaha that was for you Dad) Have a great week :)
 
Love you all!
Elder Merrill

Pictures courtesy of Elder Copeland ;)

2 comments: