Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, November 9, 2015

Chontaleno ya. (?)

Sorry for not writing last week. My son Elder Peterson and I had to go to Managua to do a couple things, and my new area is about 3 hours away! Elder Peterson did get the chance to briefly write his family last week, don't worry mom :) So, I had changes! Finally left the Zone of Jinotepe. It was difficult, but I really miss it. And I was changed to Juigalpa! Super hot, eastern side of Nicaragua.
Franklin from Jinotepe



So let's talk a little about the Zone that I am in. Juigalpa. As I said last week, my new ZL companion is Elder Hanson. He has done a great job, but the other leaders in this Zone were not doing a good job, so the Zone was a little dead when I got here. They had a bad month in October, and things were looking really bad for November. Therefore... we had some things to change! And we are in the process of doing so. We have changed the attitude, the way of working, respect for leaders, how to baptize, all that good stuff. As I heard one time a few months back from a Stake Leader here in Nicaragua, "the leader always determines the rhythm." So as leaders, Elder Hanson and I are trying to first off give the example, and then help others to follow it. We have seen that things are already changing! Because they are doing what they should be doing better, they are completing with their goals, and more baptisms are popping up out of nowhere! O sea, miracles :) we hope to keep this going to help turn this thing around! Our personal area isn't necessarily considered one to be "blessed." Third straight really tough area that I have been put in. I guess I just haven't learned what the Lord wants me to learn yet! We are working super hard to get this area moving, like really hard. 

Alright sorry, with basically two weeks since writing, I am really confused as to what has been going on! So next week will better. On Tuesday Hanson and I had Leadership Conference at President's House. I love President and the opportunity that we had to learn from him. I will miss that guy. And the opportunity to see a bunch of my best friends! Naisbitt goes home one month from today. I am really gonna miss that guy. He is crazy haahah. On Friday we had Zone Meeting. We basically just motivated and exigird the missionaries. Funny story, the tie that mom sent me, Elder Hanson has the same one, so we went all twinny for a day! Wahoo!
I loved working with my American son Elder Peterson this last week! I love this work. Sorry for the bad update, next week will be better! But I am still good because the one I sent a few weeks ago was really long and good. I am so grateful to be a missionary for the Church! And to be here in Juigalpa! Go Jazz! This is our year!

Love you all. Keep up the good work. Next one's it.

Elder Merrill


2 comments: