Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, November 16, 2015

What Happened This Last Week?

Couldn´t tell ya... hahahah times go by so fast! This was another week full of... contacting and sweating. I am still trying to adjust to the heat after being in a nice weathered Jinotepe for 6 months. I smell really bad! We have been working incredibly hard and doing all we can to help our beloved Nicas progress towards the Gospel.

On Monday I got a new companion! His name is Elder Medrano. He is from Texas! He has a little over a year in the mish, and he is hilarious. Hahahahaha he did track at Texas Pan American on a scholly, so he has been telling me a little about how awesome being a college athlete is. Just hope everything works out! But yeah he is a super cool kid and we are workin hard. This last week I also signed the NLI and the scholarship agreement to play at Utah State. It is still forever away, but pretty exciting. 

We have been spending a lot of time trying to find new investigators here in this area. Everyone has their own ¨Atonement Area¨ in the mission, and the area I am in right now has been known to be one of them. I feel like I am in my third! Hahahahah so Elder Medrano and I have spent basically the whole last week contacting and working with Less Actives to try and lift up this area! But it is tough, a la grande. There are a lot of people that don´t even want to listen to the Mormons here. So, my companion and I are starting to go with a little ¨Process of Elimination¨ contacting. Contact everyone to find the people that don´t want to receive the Gospel. At some point you have got to find someone positive! That was Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday I worked with some struggling sisters. That was a fun experience. Friday we had District Meeting. Elder Miculax is the new DL here in District Juigalpa, and he is throwing fire! He is really helping with the lifting up of the Zone. After that I worked with Elder Smith, elder Hanson´s son, in our area! I forgot to tell you that Elder Smith is from Bingham, and he is McKenna Smith´s cousin! Mom I think Mckenna´s mom is part of your dinner group or something? He is super cool, and fun to work with! We had a really cool experience with a guy that is super addicted to weed but really interested in changing and learning about the Gospel. So we will see what happens this week with this guy :)

Sunday President Russell came to the Branch that we are in. And it was Sister Russell´s birthday! We got to sing to her, that was fun. We hardly got any investigators to church, which was kinda embarrassing, but oh well we are repenting of the things that need to be repented of and working to fix things, so hopefully it all goes better this week. We should have 2 baptisms this week! Their names are Adolfo and Dany. Please pray for them :) 

Love you all so much! Thanks for the support. Keep up the good work. Serve!

Elder Merrill

(Sorry no pics this week)

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping you would have some pictures this week since I didn't get any. No such luck! We can always hope for next week, right? I sure am proud of our boys for continuing to work hard. Congratulations to Sam for signing with Utah State!

    ReplyDelete