Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, November 30, 2015

Modern Day Revelation

Common sense is less common here than the belief of modern day revelation. And no one can conceive the thought of modern day revelation. Hahahahah people just aren´t entirely street smart here, but I love them with of my heart, because they are so kind. This week went by super fast. Let´s see if I can describe it.

Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday and Friday were basically all the same! This is another really tough area, so we have been working super hard to find positive people! I can honestly say that this has been the hardest working week of my mission, and for that we are proud! There is just a little desafio here, the people don´t understand some things! Nicaraguans are very scared of commitments. Don´t ask me why, but that is just how they are. They don´t want to commit to anything! Like I have said before, they are all Christian, but they are very caught up in their traditions and sometimes don´t understand basic doctrine! Por ejemplo, commandments. I have asked many people what a commandment is, and they respond saying, "no le podria decir," which means "I couldn´t tell ya." Nor do they understand how to really pray, because all they do is  memorized prayers. And something like modern day revelation?? Hahahahaha. Good luck. No but the good thing is that they have the basics! So we have needed to really simplify our teachings, so that they can understand a little better. We have gotten a lot of people to commit, but then they forget. This last week, however, we were able to have a pretty decent week at church!

Thursday was Thanksgiving! Lol. Bad news bears. As a Zone, we had a little Thanksgiving lunch, but it was pretty dumb. We had Pizza and Soda. I might be the most boring Zone Leader in the entire world. But who cares, we need to work hahahaha. Then Franklin came down and we had a quick little dinner at about 4 o´clock! He took us to a really nice restaurant and we got to eat! I had chicken cordon bleu. Really good. That was it for Thanksgiving! I remembered how grateful I am for the Gospel. It has blessed me so much. 
Thanksgiving with Franklin
I am grateful for my family! I love each and every one of them so much. I am grateful for my friends! And I am grateful for the people I have been able to work with here on the mission. I love this work!

That is about it. This week we have Consejo, and we are starting the last month of the year. Here comes the pressure to hit our goal! Love you all!

Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment