Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Sunday, July 27, 2014

First email- June 17, 2014

Dear Family,

Thank you for all the emails and for telling me how life is! Annie how is the phone? Hahaha there are so many things I can say right now. I love it here.  Mexico City is beautiful. It's super poor but soooooo colorful and I love colors!  The CCM is like a spiritual prison honestly, but it's really nice!  The food is good, I have meat for every meal so I'll probably be fat by the time I get out of here hahah. There is a gym, but I don't really play hard cause not great competition. I loooooooooove my companions. I have a picture but I don't know how to upload it! Elder Mataalii from LA was my first companion, then Elder Sauter joined us because his companion(who I just learned is Jake Toolson) went home. Then Elder Williams from Vernal joined us! So for the first day or so we were a foursome, but now my companion is Elder Williams. I love him. He works super hard and is very obedient.  Elder Sautter is literally the funniest kid I have ever met. He is Elder Calhoun from the best two years times 1000000! Yeah so I love these guys.  Also one of the kids from my district was good friends with J Stutz.  The Spanish is obviously very hard, but I'm working my tail off and it's coming along quite well! Anyways I love you guys. I love the opportunity I have to be here and to serve the Lord.  

Love always,
Elder Merrill

We love you!

We can do hard things!


No comments:

Post a Comment