Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 8, 2014

  Well, another week has come and gone! Mother just keep reading Jaydon's blog because I'm not gonna be very descriptive, it's just too hard! But wanna hear something crazy????? I have already been out for ONE MONTH TOMORROW.  This is going by so fast and I can't believe it. Now onto how the week went.
       This week was really great! Spanish is still coming along well.... except I can hardly understand anything that people say but oh well. And everyone says the Spanish in Nicaragua is totally different down there so.... hahahah but it is definitely getting better! Elder Williams and I are reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish and although we can hardly understand any of the scriptures, it brings the Spirit and helps me with my testimony that I´m supposed to be learning Spanish! I know that this is where I belong! Our Zone/Branch is huuuge, we have like 50 people! Every week we add about 150 missionaries and lose about 30 so this place is getting pretty full. I saw Timmy! I have also seen Connor Clay (Viewmont), Alec Monson, Dallin Anderson, a kid from South Dakota who knows Dalton and Chris Fulton, and a kid that's gonna play football at BYU. It's funny because he told me that Bronco has been talking to them about National Championships and stuff... so we better be watching in a couple years hahahaha some things just never change :) I'm really excited to see Billy tomorrow! 
       Elder Williams and I have had some real practice with patience down here. And composure. Which makes me real grateful for basketball and Preach My Gospel! Hahahah our district has a real issue with wasting time, and it starts with a certain Elder that we are really annoyed with. Although Elder Williams and I get off topic occasionally, we usually work really hard, as do the Hermanas, so it gets frustrating when everyone else hardly does. Especially as Zone Leaders we have an obligation to serve and make sure that everything is going well. We've talked about it before and it didn't help, so we're trying to settle it one last time. I'm extremely grateful for the chapter in PMG about Christlike attributes. I pray and strive to incorporate them into my life every single day and I'm grateful for the Savior helping me with anything and everything I need!
       On Sunday we watched the Joseph Smith movie and it just only helped to strengthen my already profound testimony of Joseph Smith. Ever since we went to the Sacred Grove I have known, but I am so eternally grateful for him and all the work he did. I love the movie because it doesn't just talk about the things he did, but the persecution he went through. He is my hero.
       Thank you so much for all the updates! The Fourth of July is my favorite holiday so it was hard, but the MTC did a pretty good job helping with that and I only have to go through one more of those! I'm glad Ben was there! I will be shocked if Liz doesn't get lost at least five times down there, but I hope they have fun! I love and miss you all so much. I pray 5 times a day for each of you, so if anything I hope the work I´m doing down here is blessing all the people who have helped me so much in my life. I truly wouldn't be here without you all!

Love always,
Elder Merrill
 
Oh goodness I always forget stuff.... thank you for the package! I honestly hated everything in there but didn't even care because I was so happy :) so cookies would be nice, but it really doesn't matter :)
 
 
Hermano Morales
CCM (MTC) Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment