Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014

Okay, here we go. The time here is EXTREMELY limited but I am going to do my best. So I am officially in Nicaragua! It has been a crazy week, obviously. I'm just going to get straight to the good stuff hahah. So my Papa (Trainer companion) is Elder Collado! He is from Costa Rica, and he speaks hardly any English! It is hard at times, but I can generally understand the majority of what he is trying to say and figure it out. The Spanish, it sure as heck is definitely different than at the CCM! It's true, I hardly understand anything, but I am improving every day and with time I know it is going to work out! IT IS SO GOODNESS GRACIOUS HOT DOWN HERE. And it's winter. Hahahahah all the other missionaries have said that it is something I will never get used to... yay. Hahah Elder Collado and I live in a room in a house full of Catholics (practically everybody here is Catholic) and it's crappy but for the standards here is it pretty nice! They are so poor. It is so different from anything I have ever seen. But it is so beautiful too! Soooo green. Yeah it's poor but to be honest, that doesn't bother me. Only the heat!
      I placed a baptism on Saturday! In our lessons I don't say a whole lot, just bare my testimony now and then, but in one lesson I gave the baptismal commitment and they said yes! The people here don't commit or follow up (care) sometimes but I have already seen the Spirit and felt it so much here! Truly from the bottom of my heart, I love these people. I honestly do and I want nothing more than to bring the Gospel into their lives. Now I just need to learn Spanish, adjust to the living conditions and I'll be good! This is really, really hard, but it's okay because I have a firm testimony that the Savior will be right there with me every step of the way.
      As I get more used to this, my emails will be better and I'll send pics and such but I had about 90000000 emails so I just don't have time today, and I have to be exactly obedient! I love ya all so much. I'm so grateful to have the love and support back home that I do. Family and friends. I am so proud of my best friends who have all made the decisions to be the best missionaries they can be! Truly, thank you so much. I promise these letters will improve. I know you want details but right now just know that it's hard but I love the work and love my Savior. 

Love you all,
Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment