Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 15, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, I am officially down to one week left in the CCM! And boy oh boy I could not be more excited to get out of here. I love it, but I'm so excited to leave and really get started in the field! This last week was another great week! 
As of last night I have studied or at least slightly studied every part of the Spanish grammar. Now I just need a whole lot of practice and the Strength of the Lord. The Gift of Tongues is very real! The leaps and bounds that we have all made here is awesome. Although I know when I get to Nicaragua I will not know a thing because their Spanish is completely different, I am so excited for the challenge. Yo se que el don de liguas is real (No accents because trying to use English language on computer hahah)
Although we haven't had any crazy spiritual experiences yet, I have felt the Spirit so much and there is nothing better in this world. We teach a "Progressing Investigator" every day which is one of our two teachers, Hermana Velazquez and Hermano Morales. Those two are the coolest. I think I told you that Morales served in Ogden, but he is completely fluent in English so that gives me hope for Spanish :) but anyways, we teach them every day, but on Wednesdays we have this thing called TRC, where we teach "nonmembers, less active or members" but obviously they're all members. However last Wednesday, Elder Williams and I and Hermana Nauta y Franks got to teach actual investigators (at least we're pretty darn sure they are). We taught a 13 year old boy named Santiago, and it might have been the most fun I've had since I got here. Just getting to know him and teaching him a little bit was so fun and the Spirit was so strong. It makes me so excited for when I get to teach and love the people of Nicaragua.
Devotionals. We have a live devotional (usually from Provo) on Tuesdays and a replay one on Sundays. This last Tuesday we heard from Elder Anderson, so Clayton got to sit with his family and read a bunch of quotes. It was cool! You can tell Marnae he sounds good hahaha. This past Sunday we heard one from Elder Bednar, and it was sooo good. We've had a lot of really good ones, but Sunday was pretty amazing. These last couple years I've tried to use Alma 26:12 because I have been so extremely blessed with talents, family, friends and such. But on Sunday, I took a whole new perspective. I know without a doubt in my mind that in the strength of the Lord, I can do all things. I know that. If I do all I can, the enabling power will do the rest.
In other news that I forgot to tell you guys, my whole district except Elder Sautter is going to Nicaragua. He is going to Twin Falls! I'm pretty sure Malad is in his mission, so if the Hoskins happen to see him then he's one of my really good friends :) Bill came last week and I got to show him around. That was great! Last Tuesday we played some legit basketball with guys like Alec Monson, Elder Sheffield (Pleasant Grove gaurded TJ) a couple kids going to BYU-Hawaii, and some other pretty good players. It was so fun! Down here I'm shooting as good as I ever have (go figure). Oh...I GET TO SEE MY BEST FRIEND TOMORROW. I am so excited to see Elder Naegle, also very excited for Elder Hayes who is heading out tomorrow as well! The Army of Helaman is so real, and I wouldn't want to be apart of anything else.

 Elders Seljaas, Anderson, Naegle, and Merrill
Bountiful Braves at the CCM
  Thank you for sharing all your experiences, I love hearing about how home is, even if it makes me sad! I'm gonna miss Rodney with my whole heart but I know it's for the best. Crazy about Lebron... sheesh. Anyways, love you all so very much and I thank my Father in Heaven every day that I have been so blessed in my life with the people that have changed it!

Love,
Elder Merrill
Elders Clay and Brown

Elder Merrill and Elder Spencer "Bill" Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment