Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 1, 2014

Dear Family and Friends, 
      Well another week in the field! To be honest not much has changed, but I have a couple cool stories and we just got back from the Temple and that was awesome! First off I really didn´t mean that about Liz and Molli hahahahaha I don't care that much :) well.... Elder Sautter (from Arizona) pooped the bed on Friday night. Needless to say we are all struggling a little bit with the food. Elder Sautter is the exact replica of the Cecilian from Princess Bride! Hahahaha I really love the district and everything about this place even if it is hard.
      Like I said we just got back from the Temple. We only got to go to the Visitors Center because the Temple is being worked on, but it was soooooo cool. It was one of the nicest places I've been too, and the spirit was so strong! The Spanish is coming along well, I can say most things I want, I just don't know a whole lot of vocabulary and it's so hard to understand people! But with patience, hard work and faith, I know I will be fine
     Sorry there just isn't a whole lot to say about this week, but I do want to share some thoughts and feelings that I have gained. I know without a doubt in my mind that our Redeemer lives. This last few weeks I have grown so close to him and to the Atonement and I cannot express my gratitude enough for that. I know that Jesus Christ was the ultimate example, and that he paid for each and every one of our sins and afflictions. On Sunday we heard a talk from Elder Bednar and it may have been the best talk I have ever heard about the character of Christ and trying to be like him. I am definitely working as hard as I can to become like the Savior, and in three short weeks, I'll be trying to bring others to do the same! 
      I miss and love all you guys so much, but honestly right now I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I head to Nicaragua on the 22nd and I think I may be able to call home then! This week is the 4th, so please be safe but most importantly be grateful for what we have in the United States! We just got back from driving through Mexico City... and let me tell ya I have never been more grateful to be an American. I'm proud to be an American, but I'm even more proud to be a representative of Jesus Christ!

Love you all, 
Elder Merrill
 
 Visitors Center

Mexico City Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment