Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Eating a hamburger with a knife and fork!!

Brother and Sister Merrill,

Before we left the office Monday, President took another look at Elder Merrill's lip.  He commented that it was healing very nicely. To which Elder Merrill replied:  "I am disappointed I won't have a scar". This is obviously a man's perspective, and he is adjusting very well to his circumstances!

Yesterday, President and I took the office elders to Mombacho,  an inactive volcano in Granada. Elder Merrill is part of the office group right now, so he also came along on our hiking adventure. (The Office Elders and APs work so hard that they often miss their Pdays.)  

Elder Merrill's dental procedures are tomorrow morning and then we will have him rest.  We will take good care of him.  Thank you for your continued support.

Hermana Russell
Nicaragua South

I thought you might enjoy these photos from yesterday.
Burgers after the 2.5 hour hike .

Elder Hayes (Materials Sec),  Elder Araniva (AP), Elder Benson (AP), 
Elder Merrill, and Elder Naisbitt (Gen. Sec.)

They all ate two of these huge 1/3 pound hamburgers!  Elder Merrill needed a fork and knife so he could get the burger into bite size pieces but that didn't slow him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment