Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Forever Brave!

This email was sent to Coach "Boog" Stringfellow, Elder Merrill's high school football and baseball coach.


Oy Boog! I got somethin to say real quickly. I know there's only a few games left but hopefully this can help everybody a little bit. On Saturday, we hadn't even finished lunch and I was absolutely dead. Just knocked out. We left and went out to work and one of my companions said something, I can't remember exactly what it was. I was about to say "I just hope I can survive this day", when immediately millions of thoughts came to my head about all the hills, brave quarters, long monday and tuesday practices, all of that. And I knew in my head that I wasn't just going to survive that day, I was going to CONQUER it. Football teaches life lessons. I am so thankful for the opportunity that I had to play for Bountiful. I'm thankful for all the guys that are carrying on the tradition. Three games and the playoffs is A LONG TIME. Make the most of every minute because before you know it, you'll be four months into your mission in a third world country. Have a great Tuesday practice (I'm expecting you to read this before practice tomorrow) and enjoy the ride! Love you all!
Forever Brave.

Tell the whole staff hi and thanks for everything :)
Love you coach!
Elder Merrill


No comments:

Post a Comment