Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6, 2014

Gooooooo AGGIES!

They would win at BYU the year I'm gone. That's all I have to say.

Utah State beats BYU 35-20

 Anyways, now to the important stuff, what a great week! I've said this like the past three weeks, but they just keep going faster and faster! I hit 4 months this week! That's so crazy to think. And even better than that.... this week is MY LAST WEEK OF TRAINING! Here's what is going to happen next week... either I get transferred somewhere else, Elder Collado gets transferred, or we both get transferred! Hahaha lots of questions coming up, so we'll just have to see what happens and focus on the work.

This last week was just another good, solid week to be honest. I can honestly say I've written in my journal one time in the last month.. I should probably improve on that. Let's see what happened...

I had a pretty great experience on Thursday (I think). It was getting pretty late at night, and we went over to our convert Cesar's house. He told us that his brother had died, and it was really tough to hear. But immediately a scripture came to my head that was shared to me on one of my first days of seminary my last semester. I remember thinking about the scripture all year last year because Brother Arvidson told us that it would come into play bigtime on our missions! So with tears rushing down my face, I shared Alma 7:11 and 12 with him. I know that anywhere we are put, we are put there for a reason. I know that the people in our life are there for a reason. And I'm grateful I payed attention in at least 1 day of seminary ;)

CONFERENCE. It was so great. Even if it was in Spanish! Hahahaha we had to take investigators to every session to be able to go, and luckily we could! When we first got there Saturday morning, President Monson stood up and began talking. He said a few things about missionary work and such, and that's when I kinda lost it. I went into the bathroom and just started crying for three reasons. A little bit of homesickness, but mostly because I have never been so grateful to be apart of this sacred work. As hard as it is, there really is nothing better. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. I promise that with all of my heart. And I couldn't be more proud to be apart of it. This time is extremely short and extremely sacred. When the MTC choir was singing at Priesthood (I saw like five friends), I got the absolute chills. Ah I love it. And last, because I know without a doubt in my mind that President Monson is a Prophet of God. The biggest issue here (in Nicaragua) is with the authority and who has it. I know that this church does. I know. Every talk this weekend was inspired of God. That I know.

Other than that, everything is still going great! Jesus lives! Love you all so much!

Elder Merrill

 Alma 7:11-12
"And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.  
 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know, according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities."

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment