Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, March 23, 2015

Always choose to be happy!

Hahahahahahahhahahahahah  I can't even describe it. ONE DAY I WILL HAVE REAL TEETH AND I WON'T HAVE TO GO TO THE DENTIST. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHEN THAT DAY WILL BE. My goodness. Hahahaha what they did today was put in provisionals of cement, I don't even know why. But I'm going back in two weeks :) I do have a picture that Sister Russell sent me but my camera and allllll my pictures from the last couple weeks got erased and now my camera doesn't work. Hahahahah oh well!

This week was I think the fastest week of my mission. It's freaking crazy how fast it's going. Already the end of March and almost 10 months. But it was a great week! I worked a grand total of about 11 hours in my area... working and working really hard just not quite in my own area. We're doing ok though just not a lot of time. We have a really cool family named Fransicso and Marbely. They went to church last week and yesterday we went to pick them up again. They were getting ready so we left and about half an hour later we heard that they got in a huge fight and the husband left so we lost three investigators in church.... SATAN WORKS REALLY HARD BUT HE CANNOT WIN. 

This last Thursday as I said we had a multi mission conference. It was super awesome to see my longtime high school friend Kason Perkes as well as some friends from the MTC. And the conference was awesome! Bishop Davies did the majority of the talking, and although his Spanish is pretty bad he did a great job talking about the scriptures and true love for the people. Hearing each and every one of these things just gets me so much more motivated to work. And there was a choir composed of the two missions. They sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" and they basically had the whole building crying. One of the most powerful moments of my life. I know that He lives and because of that we can become better, work a little harder, serve a little more.

There is one big thing that I learned these last couple days and it is this. Always choose to be happy. There is nothing in this entire world that can stop us from being happy... except ourselves. So no matter what it may be, an injury, a strikeout, a bad score on a test, sin or just bad luck, brush it off and be happy! That is why we are here!

Love you all so much. Here is the gross picture with this gross haircut hahahaah oh well (that's the wind by the way it's not that bad). God's Speed!

Elder Merrill
 
Congrats to my sis Kelli on getting her mission call! (Washington Tacoma)

 Elder Merrill's best friends
Lindsey, Courtney, Kelli, Emily and Maren



No comments:

Post a Comment