Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, March 2, 2015

Make every day count!!

B1. All I gotta say about my Braves :) This week was absolutely crazy! And it was kinda really crappy. So I'm in Rivas, which is about two and a half hours away from Managua. But to be able to be in Managua for a meeting in the morning, we have to take an hour long bus to Jinotepe in the afternoon and spend the night there. So this was my week last week.
 
Monday. We went to managua in the morning to the dentist. I left without two teeth! Which sucked. Then we returned to Rivas, got ready real quick, and took a bus to Jinotepe. Tuesday morning we had a meeting in Managua with all the new missionaries. Then we went back to Jinotepe, went to Nandaime (companionship about 40 minutes from my area) and we had to sleep on the hard church floor there! That was the worst night of my life. Hahahaha Wednesday I did divisions with other Elders. Thursday we went back to Managua for the Dentist. President Russell called his personal dentist and I went there, which was awesome and super nice of him. However, at that appt I still didn't get teeth! So I had to stay the night in Managua and go again the next morning. That night I worked in my old area....... SUPER COOL TO TALK TO A FEW OF THE CONVERTS AND MEMBERS THERE. Friday morning they gave me some fake teeth of plastic and glue for about a week more. Saturday we had a baptism! Super awesome. His name is Mario and he is one of my favorites! He's 19 and speaks really good English, so it was fun to talk to him in English. Sunday our District brought 47 investigators to church! Super awesome also hahahah. And right now.... I am once again in Jinotepe. Hahahah I thought this was going to be a free week but turns out there is a meeting for District Leaders tomorrow in Managua so here we are again! Kinda stinks.... but with the time we have here we make the most of it.
 
 
If there is one thing that I have learned from sports and from the mission, it is this one thing. Make every day count. Don't just survive. Conquer. Because it goes by so fast. I can basically already say that I have "a little more than a year left in my mission." That is absolutely unfathomable. But it's ok, because as fast as the time goes, we are just gonna work harder and harder and be more obedient. Make the most of every opportunity that you have to serve and grow! That is my message to you all. I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for everything. God Be With you Til We Meet Again.
 
Love,
Elder Merrill

We also received this email from Sam's mission president's wife.

Brother and Sister Merrill,
I am sure Elder Merrill will write to you today and let you know how he is doing, but I also wanted to take a minute to update you.

Elder Merrill received his two implants Friday, the week before last.  We were told that the temporary tooth would also be placed at that time.  When I saw Elder Merrill on Tuesday morning, I was shocked to see that no temporary tooth had been placed at either implant. Sweet understanding Elder Merrill had not complained or even mentioned it to us.  His only concern was that he did not have his other tooth to pop in and out and entertain the children.  Elder Merrill is a kind and patient person. 

President immediately made arrangements for Elder Merrill to see another excellent dentist and Elder Merrill was seen on Thursday.  Impressions were made for the temporary teeth which were then placed on Friday morning.   He now looks like the Elder Merrill we love and know.  His permanent teeth should be placed within 10 days.

Thank you for being supportive parents who truly trust us to watch over their son.  We love Elder Merrill.

Sincerely,
Hermana Peggy Russell
Nicaragua Managua South
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment