Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, March 9, 2015

The Mission is Crazy!

You know? You just can´t have a normal day in the mission field. Hahahah let alone a normal week! This week was once again, crazy. And so I´m gonna tell it to ya!

So I was finally ready to have a full week of working here in the area. But of course we had that meeting in Managua last tuesday for District Leaders. It was awesome! I learned so much and got so motivated. We got back to Rivas late Tuesday night and basically couldn´t do anything. 

Wednesday! Ready to work and then.... One of the Elders in my District got freaking stung by a scorpion at night and we spent basically the whole morning and the mid afternoon in the hospital. He´s all good though don´t worry! But his companion was also sick with the poopies, then I got sick with some massive chest pains and a cold so Wednesday kinda wasn´t the best. Don´t worry I am also ok!

Thursday and Friday were normal except for this experience that I had. Friday was just not a good day. We weren´t having much success and I just did not have a lot of energy. Unfortunately that happens in the mission. But Friday night I was really sad. Because I felt like I had really let the Lord down. I got on my knees and could hardly say anything, just ¨sorry¨. But Saturday I got up and had a new energy. And I had one of the best moments of my life. I said a prayer to end personal study, and it was the first time in my life that I really felt like I was communicating with God. Yes I´ve had really spiritual prayers and had prayers answered in miraculous ways, but this time, I was saying something and he was responding in that instant. And I haven´t in my life felt so full of the Spirit and so motivated to work until that moment. So that is my advice for this week. Pray focused. Converse with God. And take advantage of it. 

As always, thank you so much for everything! 9 months this week! Freaking crazy but I´m so grateful for this sacred time! God´s speed!
 
Elder Merrill

Baptism of Mario on Feb. 28


No comments:

Post a Comment