Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." Alma 26:12

Monday, March 30, 2015

We are ready (?)

I don't know why I said that we are ready. I guess that we should just always be ready for whatever the Lord throws at us! So here is the big announcement..... I have changes this week. And I'm going to a new mission. Yeah right April Fools but I couldn't think of anything better hahahah sorry!

But anyway this week there really are changes, and my second son has successfully completed his training! I am such a proud father :) Elder Arevalo! Oh ya. It's pretty likely that one of us will have changes, but we'll just have to see what happens!
Elder Arevalo! 
This last week was pretty dang awesome. On Friday we had a great Zone Meeting and we talked about contacting, because we have to contact 24 people a day. After talking with people from other missions, I have come to know that our numbers are crazy what we have to do. But it makes us work hard so it's great :) so anyways we talked about contacts and the importance of the Restoration in everything we do and teach. I love the Restoration with all of my heart. What has helped me so much in the mission is that day that my family went to the Sacred Grove. And that is a feeling and an atmosphere that simply cannot be denied. I know without a doubt in my mind that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ in that very Grove. And I will always testify of that. 

Even better later that day... I baptized for the first time on my mission! The lady wanted me to baptize her... so I did it. It actually took us three tries, but in the end we got it :) I love the opportunity to be a leader and to be in Nicaragua because I get to familiarize myself and get to know a bunch of awesome and funny people! I love my Nicas :)
This week is the "Holy Week" for the Catholics. And right now in Rivas we are in one of the most Catholic parts of Nicaragua. And it is freaking crazy here! And crazy hot. Like unreal hot. So we're doing the best we can to stay hydrated and not die for multiple reasons :) 

There's just another lame, little update of this week :) by the way.... where did March go? Oh and one more thing.... CONFERENCE. I am so excited to hear the words of the Prophets and receive revelation. And hopefully the announcement of the Nicaragua temple! Love you all :)

Elder Merrill

Editors note:  Last week, Sam DID receive his permanent teeth!  He was a little confused but we received an email from his mission president's wife and she said he looks great!! He has one more appointment next week just to make sure all is well. Yay!!

Elder Arevalo, Justo and Elder Merrill with PERMANENT TEETH!!! Justo is one of his favorite people in the world!
Brother and Sister Merrill,
On Monday, Elder Merrill received his two permanent replacement teeth and all is well. He looks as handsome as ever.   Elder Merrill has been solid throughout this time of frustration and pain, and loss of his precious missionary work.  

In two weeks, Elder Merrill has the last follow up appointment to make sure there are no issues with his teeth.  I am sure he is looking forward to the final conclusion of this chapter of his mission.  President and I are very happy he will return home looking like himself with maybe a small, very faint scar--- which I am sure he will  point out as he retells the story in the future.

Thank you for being wonderful parents who support Elder Merrill and us.  We greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Hermana Peggy Russell
Nicaragua Managua South

No comments:

Post a Comment